Chapter 9: Embrace

-Gray's POV-

"She's never late. I wonder where that idiot is. She's probably asleep in the classroom.", I thought as I was searching for her aimlessly.

Wait.
I don't have to look for her, so why am I doing this?

"It's for the tutoring, that's all. Nothing else.", I muttered to myself, as if to re-affirm my motives. While I was hastily searching in frustration, I saw a blue-haired figure curled up against the wall.

Juvia?

On impulse, I ran towards her. Noticing my footsteps, she turned around, and her eyes were empty, with painful tears rolling down her soft, rose cheeks. Shaking, and unable to speak properly, she managed to utter my name.

"G-Gray.."

My eyes widened in shock. I've never seen this side of her.

Is this really Juvia?

As I drew in closer, not knowing what to do, I could only stare in worry at the shallow sea that her eyes had become. Seconds later, before I could even react, her face was tightly dug into my chest, and her arms had wrapped around my back.

"You're comfortable, Gray.", her voice muffled from the hug, as I felt a tingling sensation of her soft lips moving on my chest.

"You're always here for me.", she said as she looked up at me, with the pain in her eyes being washed away right before me. I felt a blush growing on my face.

Why am I blushing? What is this?

Acting on impulse again, I wrapped my arms around her back, and pulled her in tighter, allowing her into my embrace. I could feel her warm, curvaceous chest rubbing against my own.

My emotions are all over the place. This girl makes me lose all control. This growing redness on my face isn't helping me think either.

We stayed in that position for a while before she released herself from the hug. Immediately, I attempted to conceal my blush with my arm.

"Gray-san? Can I ask you something?", she requested, her voice sweet and gentle. Meanwhile, her face was turning into a tomato as she spoke.

"Y-Yes?", I replied back hesitantly.

What am I doing? This is not what I want.

When both of us finally gained some self-control, we started to calm down.
"Do you consider me your friend, Gray-san?", she questioned, her eyes sparkling with hope.

Friend?
That word, it's been empty in my heart for so long.

"No she can't be my friend, but. But what?", I thought as my mind was conflicting between ideas.

"She's not my friend, but it seems that I've started to care for her.", I accidentally blurted out loud.

"Care?", she giggled, while her obvious blush was growing. Embarrassed myself, I exclaimed, "It's just common courtesy, alright."

As I saw her feeling better, I decided to walk away before remembering something.

"Let's forget about tutoring today. Just go home."

"See ya, Gray-sama! I'll work hard to become your friend!", she cheerily shouted out. Lifting my hand up into the air, I waved as a response.

"Sama?", I thought while walking, somehow allowing myself to smile.

She's a nuisance, but I think I can trust her. Juvia Lockser, you're truly impressive.

We became friends before I even knew it.

__________________________________

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

Did you like it guys? Please vote and comment your opinions! <3

The next few parts will probably unravel the relationship between Lyon and Juvia.

I'm still deciding on whether to actually make him that boy from Juvia's past or make it that he was just mistaken for that boy.

What do you guys think?