[ 𝟎𝟎𝟕 ] 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐤𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞

When we arrived in the car that night, Five decided to explain everything that happened to him while he was in the apocalypse. How he survived, what he saw and experienced, even our dead bodies.

I felt really bad for him.

(A/N—I mean, but like fr, he time traveled on his own terms and I was laughing—no, choking and gasping for air on the inside on how he fucked up so bad.)

He was also apologizing multiple times for what he had said to me. I'll forgive him at some point, just don't know when. When morning arrived, Meritech finally opened, and we were allowed to go inside to find the owner of the eye.

"So, you think that walking in there without a parent and asking to look up the eye is going to work?"

Five and I were in the elevator, riding up to the Meritech front desk. "Yes, I'm sure of it," he grins, being so full of himself.

"Okay, whatever," I roll my eyes as elevator doors open.

We begin to walk out and he turns to me and whispers, "Look kinda lost so they'll attend to us first." I nod now looking around and taking small steps towards the mannequins they had.

After a few seconds a man comes up to Five. "Uh, can I help you?"

Hearing the voice, Five turns around, holding up the eye to the man. "I need to know who this belongs to." I go up beside Five and give a small smile, but still an intimidating glare.

"Where did you get that?" the man asked, as his name tag read Mr. Big.

"What do you care?" I kick Five in the ankle, sending a sign to not push it as he glares back at me.

"We. . . found it," I say, hinting Five to continue.

"Yeah," he adds on. "At a playground actually. . . must've just. . ."

We click our tongues. "popped out," we say in unison.

"We want to return it to its rightful owner," I add.

"Oh. . ." the lady at the receptionist desk makes her presence known. "what a thoughtful young man and women. Such a cute couple." I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion.

Do we really look like a couple?

"Oh, no, we're not—" I start, but Five cuts my off.

"Yeah, thanks. Look up the name for me will ya?" he takes a step towards the desk.

"Uh, I'm sorry," Mr. Big stops him. "but patients records are strictly confidential. That means I can't tell you—"

Five cuts him off saying, "Yeah, we know what it means."

"We're not idiots," I roll my eyes.

"But I'll tell you children what I can do," he suggests. "I will take the eye off your hands and return it to the owner. I'm sure he or she will be very grateful, so if I can just—" he reaches for the eye, but Five snatches it away before he can touch it.

"Yeah, you're not touching this eye."

"Listen here young man—" Five grabs the collar of his shirt and pulling him towards his face.