Chapter 4

Michael's POV
I never knew I could be so happy until I got to talk to Marilynn even though it is upsetting we had to hang up so soon I'll be seeing her in a week for a whole year! I was looking down smiling at the phone when I heard the door to my bunker house open, I looked up to see Anthony Jamison my best friend since I enrolled in the army.
"Hey, was that your sister?" He asked, I nodded yes.
"Did she say it was ok for me to come along?" He asked.
"Ya, she's cool with it."
"What is she like?" He asked stepping closer to me and sitting next to me on the bed.
"Well, last month in April she turned 24, she owns her own animal shop called Lynn's Cage she is very proud of her store, she is a complete klutz she trips on her own two feet. Before I left for the army and we had gotten an ice cream cone and as we began to laugh she tripped over her foot and as she fell forward her ice cream landed directly on a poor elderly mans chest, she was completely mortified and so embarrassed she gave the man her napkin took the cone with the melting ice cream off his chest said a small and quiet apology then walked off with her hair covering her face." We both laughed as I remembered and he could only picture it.
"Wow your sister sounds like a fun person." He smiled. "What's her name again?"
"Marilynn."
Marilynn's POV
It felt like an eternity for the the week to be over, I was much to excited to see Michael again and for him to finally be home. I have everything that I will need for Michael's and his friends return, Michael's favorite meal is ham seasoned in Coca-Cola with sliced potatoes with melted cheese on top and a side of steaming green beans. I got all that yesterday, they are coming home tomorrow and I am so nervous yet excited I have stayed in the animal shop to help keep me busy. I have cleaned all the bird cages, swept the floor, fed the puppies and paid more store bills. And it is only 5:00 in the evening. I sent McKenna home around noon, she was being to productive today and was finishing the work to fast. I look up when I hear the small jingle of the bell a dad and a small little girl walks in, the girl had raven black hair in two ribbons and is wearing cute small faded jeans with a light blue t-shirt to match her eyes, the father I can tell is a very tall man with more of a darker brown neat hair, he was wearing dark grey khakis with a a plain white buttoned down shirt and a purple paisley tie. I smiled kindly at them as I walked toward them.
"Hello, how may I help you today?" I asked, the father looked at me while grabbing his daughters hand.
"We are here to pick out a present for mommy. Isn't that right Stella?" The little girl, Stella nodded and put her thumb in her mouth. I smiled down at her and kneeled down to her height.
"Do you know what your mommy wants?" She nodded again.
"What's that then?" Stella looked up at her dad who nodded encouragingly at her she looked back at me.
"My mommy wants a little kitty." She said through her thumb. I smiled even bigger at her and guided them over to where we keep the kittens, they weren't as popular as the puppies so they are about 5 months older then the puppies but still adorable. Stella was picked up by her dad as they peered down into the display box we have them in, we had 3 left one white one with blue eyes, a black one with green eyes and a calico with hazel eyes, the kittens were rubbing on the glass and purring at the new strangers putting their best act up, Stella put her hand out and the first kitten to come to her hand was the calico, she giggled as the kitten rubbed her face on her hand.
"Daddy, I want to get this one for mommy." The dad smiled.
"I think this one will be great and I think mommy will like her." I picked the kitten up out of the display box and brought her over to the counter where I put her into a box and sealed it up, I had them pick out a feeding bowl and have them a free cat toy to play with, after they bought the kitten they carefully walked out to their car and hopefully give a happy surprise to a waiting mom.