Chapter 18

"You are to never! And I mean ever! Be alone again. I don't care if you're in a changing room or in the shower! You will not be alone, do you understand me?" We were at the hospital, I was sitting on the hard examining table with the paper crinkling underneath me, the X-Rays of my broken wrist were hanging on the wall next to me and my now casted arm was laying in my lap. After Scott had left the store I was curled up in a ball holding my wrist crying, from the pain that was coursing threw my veins from my broken wrist and the pain from heart, it was all so much. A women found me while she was taking a walk she heard the commotion going on in the store, she heard yelling and crying and when she couldn't get in the store she called the police and after Scott had disappeared the police crashed through my shop door. I was taken to the hospital, I didn't speak or make a noise they found my records and called Michael, now Michael is in a panicked-rage yelling at the top of his lungs of how furious he was that this happened and now I can no longer be alone without supervision. I feel like a child, always having to be watched and cared for I hate that feeling.
"Are you even listening to me Marilynn?! This is serious! He hurt you and you lied to the police for Gods sake!" Michael screamed, I didn't want to lie to them but I guess old habits die hard, whenever something like this would happen I would lie to my loved ones saying I fell or burnt myself, I told the police I was carrying a large bag of dog food and as I was putting it on the shelf the weight became to heavy and fell on me, they believed me.
"Yes I'm listening." I said looking at my casted arm, I twiddled my fingers not wanting to make eye contact with anyone, they all seemed mad and upset with me and Scott. Anthony sat in front of me with his arms crossed over his chest and a hard blank look plastered on his face.
"Lynn this is very serious, he attacked you! Physically and mentally! And you're acting like its no big deal!" Michael shouted at me, I didn't answer him only closed my eyes, I heard him angrily sigh, he picked up his car keys from the table and stormed out of the hospital room. Anthony drove us home after that, the car was completely silent, I could hear Anthony breathe heavily as he gripped the steering wheel. Once we pulled into the drive way Michael's car wasn't there but neither of us acknowledged it, Anthony went straight to his room and I did as well only I didn't go to bed I sat with my legs crossed on top of it. I have never felt so vulnerable and so defenseless against someone for a long time. I hated crying I was sick of it, it feels like all I've done is cry and yet here I am doing what I hate, normally Michael is here but he isn't he hasn't come home yet and I feel so alone. My eyes felt tired but they wouldn't shut, my heart was exhausted but it wouldn't stop. I wanted to give up and just let go. I heard my door squeak open and my head snapped up, a dark figure loomed in the door way, my heart began to race and my pulse quickened a scream erupted in my throat and found myself screaming and throwing pillows at the intruder, my arms were swinging in all directions and my voice was a nonstop scream. I felt hands grasp my hands and pinned them to my sides, I heard a soothing calming voice talk to me.
"Lynn, Lynn. Shhh. It's just me. It's just Anthony." My eyes opened and I saw the handsome and protective man above me, I stilled and looked in his eyes while he looked into mine, he could see the vulnerability and frightened gaze. My emotions were too crazy and too strong to hide them and he saw them all, his eyebrows came down in a concerned expression and soon his arms circled around me. He crawled onto the bed next to me and my head was resting on his chest as he cradled me in his embrace, he felt so warm and I felt protected with him.
"He's really mad at me isn't he?" I mumbled against his chest. I felt Anthony rub my arm.
"He isn't mad, he's just upset and scared like the rest of us. We are all worried about you." I felt his lips connect with the top of my head, he was being so gentle and sympathetic. I was knew I was falling for this man and I was falling fast, I just hope he will be there to catch me when I do fall.