Chapter 23

Anthony's P. O. V.
"You know you could pick up Michael and food and come back here." I didn't want to leave her, she needs someone to protect her. But those eyes wounded me to the core.
"Fine. I will." Her face broke out into a beautiful smile that I couldn't help but smile too. I walked up to her kissing her cheek, assuring her that I would be back soon. I watched her threw the windows before I turned on the car and sped down the road. I went as fast as I could, I first picked up the two pepperoni pizza's then picked up Michael.
"You left her? By herself!" Michael shouted at me. He was furious, his face was red and his hands in a fist, I was going ten over the speed limit trying to get back to Lynn.
"She just asked me to get you and food, I didn't want to." I growled back. We were both angry and anxious for what we might see in the store, we saw the store lights coming closer and the closer we got the harder my foot stomped on the pedal, I screeched into the parking lot and looked through the window, but she had closed the blinds already and we couldn't see in, we jumped out of the car not caring to close the car doors. We sprinted to the door and flung it open. My brain didn't register what was happening, I saw Lynn, I saw him, and I saw the gun. Our combat training instantly took affect. With our training we knew we couldn't make any hasty decision, he was the one with the gun.
"I don't think that's a good idea Scott." We couldn't make any large movements or it would stimulate his reactions and either harm one of us or worse, Lynn.
"Ah com'on now, don't make this any more difficult than it has to be. I told her she's mine, and no one else's. She broke it by being with Mr. Army Man over here. Now she has to pay the consequences." He sneered at us.
"You're completely insane." I growled out. My protectiveness raged took control and I stomped towards them ready to kill him.
Ah, Ah, Ah." He tsked me. "You move any closer and I won't hesitate to shoot." He hissed pressing the gun more into her temple making her whimper slightly. We couldn't do anything, if we charge him we risk killing Lynn, if he kills us that means Lynn dies anyway.
"So you've finally realized, no matter what you do she dies. I should have killed her six years ago before she ran away from me. I get what I want and she knew that. I wanted sex but she wouldn't give it to me, all it took was a couple beatings and force." He smiled sadistically. With all the rage and hatred I felt right then I could have killed him with my bare hands. Michael completely lost it then.
"You bastard!" He shouted, I tried to stop him, I went out to grab him but he was to quick, acting on anger and guilt. It all went in slow motion, I saw Michael running towards Scott and Lynn, I saw the panic in Lynn's eyes, I saw the gun aiming towards Michael. The loud banging sound echoed throughout the small store, Michael fell to the floor clutching his injured thigh. Lynn's small scream could be heard before she was knocked out by the hilt of the gun, she fell unconscious in Scott's arms.
"Poor little bitch, should have known her place." He smirked at me.
"And of course her brother. I wanted to shoot him since he started to suspect something." Michael coughed and seethed out.
"You won't get away with this. I will find you and kill you myself." All Scott did was laugh then threw Lynn over his shoulder and stalked out of the store. Once he was gone I ran to Michael, he was losing blood fast.
"We have to get you to a hospital." I said heaving him over my shoulder and walking out to the cars.
"No we have to save her." He groaned out.
"What good are you to her if your dead?!" I spat out. After that he was quiet, in the car I took off my shirt and wrapped and tied it around his thigh to stop the blood flow till we get to the hospital. Once there Michael was put into an emergency surgery to get the bullet out and stitch up the ripped muscle tissue. Because it was a bullet wound the police came in and interrogated me, I didn't know wether to tell them the truth or make up a lie, in the end I spilled everything. I told them all I knew, about Lynn's and Scott's past relationship and how he came back to hurt her and shot Michael in the process. After Michael gets out of the surgery they would ask him the same questions.
"Excuse me?" I heard a nurse ask, I lifted my head from the sitting position I was in.
"Are you here for Michael Cassel?" She asked I nodded my head and she beckoned me to follow her, as we were walking to his room she began to explain what's wrong with his leg.
"From his records he was previously injured in the same thigh during a combat mission, because the muscle tissue from the first injury wasn't completely healed and from this one, I'm afraid to say that Mr. Cassel will now have a bad leg and won't be able to walk and run like he used to." She explain.
"What do you mean? The bullet hit a different spot it shouldn't have cause more damage." I angrily asked.
"Yes it did hit a different spot but the first bullet hit his bone causing bone damage and muscle tissue to rip and separate. The second bullet had the same affect, hitting the bone and causing the bone to splinter and brake off into pieces. He won't be able to walk normally again." She said calmly then walked away, leaving me to stand at Michael's door. I took a calming breath then walked in. He was laying in bed just starring at the ceiling, his arms by his sides and hands gripping the sheets. I sat next to him and we didn't speak, I didn't have to tell him the bad news about his leg, he already knew.
"He's ruined our lives once." Michael spoke. "I'm not going to let him ruin it again. I'm going to kick that little bastards ass."