Chapter 26

Anthony's P. O. V.
The police jumped on the new evidence, they immediately began investigating and coming up with proof that they are there. It didn't take long to confirm he was there with Lynn and we immediately prepared for a confrontation. They had called in the
S. W. A. T. Team to take care of this, they don't know what to expect when they barge in but they want to be prepared for anything. I was getting ready, I was all geared up in my military uniform and about to grab a gun when I hear someone's annoyed voice.
"Mr. Jamison, you cannot come with us. I've had to tell Mr. Cassel already that you can't go." The head officer told me, he was a short but muscly man with a residing hair line, I stood up to my full height and looked down on him.
"That's Sargent Jamison and Cassel to you, and you may be able to prohibit Michael from going, but you sure as hell won't stop me from going." I told him maliciously in his face, the man was literally shaking in his boots and stiffly nodded his head, I gave an approving nod and walked past him out to the S. W. A. T. cars. I was given some disapproving looks and annoyed glances, but I ignored them. No one is going to hurt Lynn without having to answer to me.

As we pulled up to the house the police lights began to flash red and blue and we all piled out of the big truck, our guns were positioned for attack and we were on high alert. As we neared the door with our heads down we heard gun shots firing and a man behind me fall to the floor with blood covering his left cheek. We immediately clung to the sides of the house, trying to block the bullets from hitting us. It was hard to tell which way the bullets were firing, I analyzed the situation, bullets were coming from the left and the right my guess was that the shooters were in the other house based off the angle the bullets are coming from, the police officers were behind their doors shooting into the bushes.
"Shoot in the windows!" I shouted as I saw more people shooting in the bushes, a few looked over at me as I pointed towards a window, as the shooter adjusted, those who were looking saw the shiny glint of the gun, they began to shoot over there taking down the shooter, a couple of the SWAT team members starting running towards the now vacant house, as they were running one person fell onto the cement drive way with blood pouring out of his shoulder, I followed the angle of the hit and saw an open window where Scott and Lynn must be. I ran to the door doing my best to doge the bullets, a few men followed me and as I got to the door I pushed all my weight on it and busted it in. We began to pour into the house, others checking for anyone else in here and I ran up to the room I knew they were in, as I neared I heard a scream. It was Lynn. I ran to the door busting it open, but what I saw in there completely crumbled my heart. Lynn was in the middle of a white blood spotted room, practically naked except for her bra and underwear. She had cuts all along her body, gashes were cut into her beautiful skin, and one cut on her thigh was still freshly dripping blood. Behind her Scott held a gun to her head.
"Well look, you were right dear. Your military man did come for you." He sneered at me.
"He's just in time too, just in time to see you die." Everything went in slow motion after that, I saw her close her eyes, I saw his eyes hold insanity and a taunting smirk cross his lips, I raised my gun and without even aiming I shot at him, I heard an agonizing scream, from Scott and Lynn, I saw Scott fall to the floor holding his upper arm, Lynn fell away from him and onto to the floor. I ran to her just as Scott grabbed the gun aiming it at me, only to have it kicked out of his hand and have multiple guns pointed at him. Scott looked up at the protected men then back at me. He glared daggers threw me and as he looked down at the crumbled girl in my arms, his eyes held a bit of remorse, sadness. They grabbed him by the shoulders heaving him up and dragging him away and out the door, I felt a small soft hand touch my cheek pulling my attention away from the bastard to the broken beauty in my arms. She was curled up into my side, clinging onto my shirt pulling her shivering body closer to me.
"Anthony." She whimpered into my side, I pulled her closer to me, covering her body with my arms.
"Shh, I'm here angel." I whispered, she quivered in my embrace, I looked up from her to see the horror that was in front of me. Blood, blood everywhere. I felt nauseated by the sight in front of me, it was her blood, on the floor, the bed, the walls. I instinctively tighten my hold on her, I heard boots coming down the hall and looked over to see paramedics hurrying over to us, they gently took Lynn out of my arms and onto a stretcher they covered her battered body with a blanket and hurriedly wheeled her out of this revolting house. As I walked out I saw bullet holes scattered across the house and a very angry looking Scott being forced into a police car, a malevolent look was thrown my way before the police car zoomed off down the road, and quickly following behind it was the ambulance caring the most precious thing.