Chapter 27

I could hear my phone alarm beeping for me to wake up, I groaned in annoyance not wanting to be awake. As I shifted my hand to grab my phone a stinging pain shot threw my whole body, I hissed in agony as I felt a cut split open. That's when I opened my eyes to see I was in a neutral colored hospital room, wearing the usually blue hospital gown. That's when I remembered, Scott taking me and putting me through hell and back then Anthony rescuing me. I don't remember much after I was loaded into the ambulance, how long was I asleep? How long have I been here? Is Michael alive? Is Anthony safe? Where's Scott? The questions just kept piling up and I was starting to worry, just as I was about to have a panic attack the door opened to reveal a familiar red head with equally red eyes.
"McKenna." I said, my voice was scratchy and it hurt to talk. She looked up and her confused face turned into a bright smile, she bounded towards me and wrapped her arms carefully around my neck.
"Oh my god. I thought we lost you. I'm so happy you're awake." She sobbed into my shoulder, I wrapped my arms around her.
"Well I'm alive. It's going to take a lot more than that to get rid of me." I said jokingly.
"This is no laughing matter. Are you crazy!? You've been asleep for three days, they had to do two surgeries on you to get the bullet out!" She cried at me.
"A bullet?" I asked.
"Yes a bullet, Scott was going to shoot you but when Anthony shot at him in the shoulder it moved his angle of the gun and instead of the bullet going threw your head it went into your hip bone." She explained. That's when I noticed the dull ache I felt in my left hip bone. I reached down and rested my hand on my hip.
"How's Michael? Is he alive?" I questioned her, her smile faltered slightly but it returned.
"He's alive. But he won't be able to walk without a cane again." She said remorsefully. But at this point I didn't care about that, he is alive.
"And Anthony?" I asked anxiously. Just as she was about to speak the door opened to reveal a very tired and groggy looking Anthony, his hair was disheveled and he looked like he hasn't gotten a good sleep in awhile, his normally well groomed scruff was over grown and getting long and prickly.
"He hasn't left your side since you were brought here." She spoke softly. Anthony looked up sadly to meet McKenna's joyful expression, his eyes lit up and he slowly turned his head to look at the spot where I sat, he looked almost doubtful but when he saw me awake and smiling at him his face beamed with happiness. He took long strides over to the bed and engulfed me into a gentle but meaningful hug. He reached up and twirled the end of my hair around his finger and nuzzled his head into my neck.
"I can't believe you're finally awake." He mumbled into my neck, I felt little water drops on the skin exposed by my shoulder.
"I missed you." His voice sounded so vulnerable, it was completely raw with emotion.
"I missed you too. Thank you for saving me. You're my hero." I said with just as much emotion and heart I could put into it. Anthony shifted so he was looking directly into my eyes, his hands reached up and cupped my face while his thumb was lightly rubbing my cheek bone. He leaned in closer then all at once his lips found mine, before I could even respond to his kiss or even close my eyes his lips detached from mine.
"I'm so sorry, I should not have done that. You probably want time and space and I should-" I quickly put my finger to his lips to silence him.
"Will you just shut up and kiss me." I smiled, he chuckled at my statement then we both leaned in meeting each other half way to share a passionate, longing kiss. Even though neither of us would say it we defiantly put as much love as we could into one simple kiss, as we pulled back we were both smiling and showing the same emotion and feeling. We both love each other. The romantic moment was pushed to the side when the door opened to reveal McKenna wheeling in my brother, we both just starred almost not believe the other person was right in front of us, but that soon faded as I ran from the bed to him, pulling out any wires that were stuck to me, I ran to him and pulled him close as he did the same. No words were given as we just sat there holding one another, but that all ended when a doctor came in mortified that Michael an I were out of bed, he ordered me to get back in and for Michael to go back to his, with him laughing joyously out the door and my laughter to match. I knew then that everything would be ok, with Anthony here holding my hand, and Michael well and me alive. I knew that nothing could ever break me again.