Chapter 3

I was so excited I squealed and jumped before I hit ok.
"Michael! Oh my gosh!" I yelled into the phone.
"Wow calm down Lynn." Michael chuckled into the phone. "How are you?"
"Oh shut up Michael! Why are you calling are you coming home?" Again he laughed over the phone, how I missed that laugh, he had a deep and happy tone that could make anyone smile.
"Yes I am coming home, next week on Tuesday my flight comes in at 5:00 p.m." He said, I couldn't contain my excitement people began to give me funny looks but I ignored them.
"Michael I am so excited! I can't believe your coming home." I got choked up and my words got cut off at the end.
"Oh Lynn, please don't cry. I can't believe you don't want me to come home." I could hear the mock hurt over the phone.
"Oh shut up you know very well I want you to come home. How long will you be here for?" I asked.
"A whole twelve months this time." I smiled and started getting choked up again I haven't seen Michael in over three years the last time he was here I had just opened my store he was so proud of me but unfortunately he was only here for three months now a whole year!
"That will be so great! I can't believe your coming back!"
"I can't either and I will also be bring a friend with me he is coming home too, his name is Anthony and he doesn't have much family left so is that ok?" He asked.
"Oh yes of course! I will cook a big meal to welcome you both home I'll have it all prepared, it's going to be great!" I said getting excited.
"Alright it sounds great I'm sure it will be delicious. I got to go though now I will see you in a week. Bye Lynn." he said, I could hear the sadness in his voice and I am sure mine mimicked his.
"Goodbye Michael." Gosh I miss Michael with his funny jokes and witty combats you can never be bored with him around, and this friend of his he has never mentioned anyone by the name of Anthony, every letter he has sent he hardly mentions anyone actually. By now I am too excited to eat so I go back to the store to tell McKenna of the wonderful news, as I walked in she was feeding the birds, not very successfully, bird seed was littering the floor.
"You know the bird seed is suppose to go in the cup, right?" I teased her.
"Well it would be but every time I put my hand in the cage it gets attacked by the stupid bird." She demonstrated by scooping a cup full of seed and stuck her hand in the cage only to have Olly, a red parrot peck at her hand.
"See! He's such a dumb bird." She scowled crossing her arms, she looked like a four year old having a tantrum.
"Well maybe if you stop calling him a dumb bird he might actually like you. And I have wonderful news! My brother Michael is coming home!" I couldn't contain my happiness as I did a little jump McKenna seemed just as excited for me and hugged me.
"Lynn that's great! I'm so happy for you." Little tears brimmed my eyes.
"I haven't seen him in so long, I bet he's changed so much the only time I get to see him is in pictures and that doesn't mean as much."
"I am sure he will be as handsome as ever." McKenna winked at me, I showed her a picture of Michael one time an she said he looked like a Greek God.
"How old is he now?" She asked.
"He's 26 now." I smiled.
"Hmm, not too old." She smirked at me, I made a disgusted face at her for even thinking that way about my brother.
"Ya well good luck, I'm sure there are plenty of girls who think he looks like a Greek God." I teased.
"That may be true but we all know that the Greek God goes for the Greek Goddess." She smirked again then walked away, I couldn't help but chuckle at her confidence and cheekiness.