chapter 17

Ninya POV

We just made it to master Bareare shop. He unlocks the door and opens it "come on in! There should be plenty of room for everything here" Nfirea called out to us as we started to unload the supplies.

"Sounds good to me," Peter agreed.

"It's about time you showed up, I was starting to get worried something bad had happened. Shame on you for making me wait" said a cloaked woman that was waiting in the shop. She then lowered her hood to reveal that it was the known criminal clementine. This got me nervous.

"Oh, sorry. The shop will open in the morning" Nfirea told the criminal he must not know who she is.

"Hey! Do you not know who this woman is?" Peter called out.

Clementine cackles "course he doesn't. Or he'd be running away" she said playfully. We run in front of Nfirea to protect him but I know we don't stand a chance.

"Nfirea! Get behind us" Peter orders him as we pull out our weapons.

"Your affinity for magical items is exactly what I need for my plans. I want you to summon an army of undead just for me" the criminal explained as if she was talking about the weather.

"Whether you like it or not, you'll wear the crown of wisdom. So you might as well come along. It'll be fun. Whaddya say?" She asked with no room to argue.

"Who the hell are you?" Peter demanded.

"I'm the last person who's going to see you boys alive. After you've all suffered a slow and painful demise, your friend and I are going to cast a spell. We're going to release an undead army together. There's no way to control the amount of creatures that I'm planning on raising from the grave, so be prepared for utter chaos. I've waited so long for this power!" She yelled out with that crazy smile that got Nfirea to scream in fright and drop the lantern as it shatters on impact.

"Leave now. Run away as fast as you can." Peter ordered Nfirea.

"I can't"

"Ninya. You need to flee as well" dyne ordered me this shocked me.

"Take the boy and go! We won't allow this lady to capture either of you" Lukrut said agreeing with dyne.

"They're right. Your big sister is counting on you to rescue her from those aristocrats. Slip away while you still have a chance" Peter also agreed with the rest I can't believe they are sacrificing themselves.

Clementine starts laughing "this is the saddest scene. As if anyone could escape" she said mockingly "there's not even the slightest chance that it could happen" she said with sadistic glee. We then hear the door close and we gasp in shock as we see we are surrounded.

"Stop playing around" the old man behind us chastised clementine and she started to whine.

"Oh, all right, fine, but did you place the spell that will cover up their screams? I'd like to take my sweet time playing with one of them at the very least. 'Kay?" She asked the old man as she licked her blade Nfirea was whimpering in fear.

'Save us, fox' I thought in hope that we would be saved.

POV change cinder

Me and Ainz were in the adventures guild registering the magical creature "and what is the name of your pet?" the woman at the front desk asked.

"Hamsuke," I replied. She then wrote it down and thanked us and walked in the back to file the documents. We then started to leave but I started to feel something bad just happened and Ainz took notice.