chapter 22

finding the bloody Valkyrie

Cinder POV

"Good job both of you" I praised the twins this confused them.

"What do you mean lord cinder?" Aura asked.

"Well you landed a hit remember" I said showing the small cut on my cheek.

"We did it" aura looked lost not believing that they managed to land a hit.

"Yep and that means you both have one request each but I want you to think on it ok" I replied proud of them we then continued to spar for several hours until one of my messenger fox's ran up to scarlet.

"My lord it appears that we found shalltear. I have also informed lord ainz he will meet you in the throne room" she relayed.

I go to the throne room and see ainz sitting on his throne "Ah cinder you've made it how have you been" he asked in a monotone voice but I'm the only one who can detect the concern.

"I'm fine as long as we get shalltear back and make those responsible suffer for all eternity" I said like I was talking about the weather.

We then used a high tier item to see through my messenger fox's eye's we see shalltear holding her Lance not moving "this is bad. I never thought I'd have to resort to using a God level item" he said frustrated.

"I'll use anything if it means getting shalltear even if I have to level the entire continent to do so" I said, barely holding in my anger at seeing shalltear in this state.

Ainz then got a message "we have been summoned to the adventures guild I believe it has to do with shalltear" he informed me this got my anger to boil over.

"If they think they can harm her I'll make a crater of that entire city" I seethed out.

Unnoticed, this shocked ainz to see me this angry and bloodthirsty "I'll go alone you just prepare our forces and we'll meet at shalltear's location" he said I nodded and he teleported away.

Scarlet walked up to me and kneeled "What are your orders, my lord?" she asked.

"Get me albedo" I ordered she nodded and walked off. I waited for several minutes and albedo walked up to me and bowed.

"You called my lord" she asked.

"I want you and mare to meet ainz outside of where shalltear is" I ordered "as you command my lord" she said she turned around but before she could walk away I got her attention "also I'm sorry for how I treated you I should not have lashed out at you for that I'm truly sorry" I apologised I looked down in shame not seeing her reaction as I hear her walk away to do her task.

Pov change ainz

"I'd like to thank you, mythril level adventurers, for taking time out of your busy schedule to meet with me. Now let's get down to business. Last night, seven adventures were attacked. And five iron class men were killed. They claim it was a vampire. She ambushed them in the forest outside of town. Here's what we know: the monster has blonde hair. And a large mouth containing very sharp fangs. If this creature is indeed a vampire, we need to keep it from entering the city at all costs. Left unchecked, it could turn E-Rantel's populace into slaves" the guild master of the city informed this describes shalltear to a t.

"Was this foul beast involved in the recent cemetery incident?" One adventure asked.

"Well, I'm sure Mr. Momon here would know the answer to that," another said, referring to me.

"Must be nice to get bumped up to mythril after only one quest, huh?" The last one said I can detect a hint of jealousy in his voice.

"Don't be like that, igvarge" the first said to the jealous man this got him a scowl.