chapter 14

Cinder POV 

It was morning we were packing up when ninya came up to momon she had this remorseful look on her face "hey about what I said last night I'm really sorry" she said with a bow but momon didn't say anything so after a few minutes we were off on the road again it was about 2 hours until the awkward silence became unbearable.

"Uh this area's got quite the scenery, doesn't it? It's so peaceful. Why don't we just relax and enjoy?" Lukrut tried to make the awkward silence disappear.

"It's important to be on guard" Peter shot his idea down.

"He's right. Carelessness gets you killed" dyne agreed with Peter.

"A dragon could ambush and roast the lot of us before we'd have time to react," ninya informed.

"Give me a break you can't seriously believe that would happen" Lukrut dismissed.

"There are plenty of local legends to support it apparently, there's a dragon near E-Rantel that's able to control nature at will and north I've heard that there are quite a few living frost dragons that make their nests on the other side of the azerlisia mountains there could be hundreds up there" ninya explained then momon cleared his nonexistent throat.

"Um. Ninya you wouldn't happen to know the name of the dragon with the power over nature?" Momon asked.

"Huh? Sorry. No idea, I'll ask when we're back in town" she said a little disappointed.

"Please do. That would be of great help to me" he said that got ninya to forget her depression.

"Kay! Consider it done. I won't let you down" she said happily.

"We should be in carne village within the hour" Nfirea said.

It has been an hour since that conversation and we finally arrived at carne and it seems like they built a wall.

Nfirea gasped "that's strange"

"What's the matter?" Peter asked.

"That huge fence I'm sure it wasn't here the last time" Nfirea said in confusion we made it close to the village gates that's when we were surrounded by goblins I just ignored them and continued forwards the goblins warned me to stop but I continued some of them fired 6 arrows from different directions and I caught them this surprised everyone I went up to one of the goblin archers and gave him the arrows and walked past the gate and past some of the villagers then went to a hill that overlooks the village.

Nfirea POV 

I went to enri house to catch up. I am shocked with what she told and disappointed that I couldn't protect her.

"Sorry. I don't know what to say" I said crestfallen.

"Yeah" she said sadly.

'Losing both of her parents like that the world can be a cruel place I can only imagine the pain she's gone through but now I'm here I can protect her!' I thought blushing about to put my hand on her shoulder but she then started to talk and wipe her tears.

"It's fine. I still have my little sister. Looking after her has kept me going" she said happily.

"Oh- of course that's wonderful by the way I was wondering" I was so flustered I had trouble speaking.

"What is it, Nfirea?" She asked.

"Well. It's just I thought you might be interested in we're both of marrying age now with my earnings, I could take care of you and your sister!" I stammered out nervously as I started to sweat and my face glowed brighter.