chapter 18

Warning blood and gore ahead

Cinder POV 

Clementine ran at me with her stiletto thrusting forward aiming for my heart but I dodged to the left, grabbed her wrist and twisted then kicked her in the stomach she recovered by back flipping. 

She growled in frustration as she rubbed where I hit her but I didn't let her rest for very long as I cast a first tier fire spell at her she rolled out of the attack then charged again she tried to strike me but I blocked with a pair of claw weapons in an x formation

This shocked her that a spell caster would use a weapon for an assassin but she got over her shock and dropped her weapon and backed off as I tried to headbutt her I then cast a spell on my weapons "spectral blades" my weapons were covered in magical energy making them 4 times the size and giving them far more cutting power.

I then charged at her and swung wildly at her and was very predictable that she dodged all of my attacks. I then jumped up and slammed my blades into the ground. She jumped away and started laughing.

"What? Don't tell me you're getting tired already. You've got plenty in the strength department, I'll give you that much. I can see why you'd wanna boast about it" she mocked "still, I have to ask. Are you dumb? You swing those things around like a brainless meathead who's just hoping to hit something" she asked getting annoyed.

"It's hard to tell if all you're going to do is dodge. Why don't you attack me and find out?" I challenged her.

"Believe me, I'd like to," she replied.

"I thought you said you could beat any spell caster. Where'd your confidence go?" I asked mockingly. She then got into a stance but then we heard a loud roar. We looked over and saw 2 massive dragons made of skeletons "skeletal dragons" I thought outloud.

"Correct! You sure know your stuff. Your cute little friends are helpless against them, since they're immune to magic" she said with glee.

"I see. They're doomed to fail, is that right?" I asked.

"You catch on quick" she said.

"I'm curious. Do you have a way to get past the reach of my enhanced claws?" I asked as I got into a fighting stance.

"Maybe" she answered seductively she got into a pouncing stance then charged at me very fast she got past my first claw I then slash downwards with my second one she then mutters a martial art and swung her weapon and met my claw head on and my weapon bounced off this caught me off guard and left me wide open she then stabbed me in the shoulder I then swung my weapons at her but she jumped away.

"Martial arts" I muttered as there was a crack in my pauldron.

"That's a hard shell to crack. Well, no matter. Finding the weakest spot in someone's armor is half the fun. It's almost like foreplay. Still, I was hoping I could slice you up piece by agonizing piece until you couldn't move anymore. Can't always get what you want" she said as she played with her weapon.

"So, you were just testing my armor. I'm learning a lot from you" I complimented her.

"Ready for round two?" She said as she got into her attack position.

She charged at me once more and activated her martial arts as my claw hit her blade I then swung my other claw trying to slice her in half but she activated another martial art which allowed her to dodged my attack by going in-between my claws she landed then quickly attacked again by stabbing her blade straight through the eye slit but it didn't do any damage because her weapons are way too low of a level she then backed up.