chapter 13

Please read the authors note at the end.

Cinder POV

It was finally over and we were heading down stairs. "If you nabe and fox are ready to go I think it's best we head out immediately" Peter told us as we were near the bottom the front desk lady called out.

"Mister momon someone specifically requested you for a job" she said which confused me since we just arrived yesterday.

"Do you know who asked for me?" momon asked.

"Yes mister Nfirea Bareare" this shocked everyone and nabe got aggressive and tried to attack but momon bonked her on the head.

"Stop and think before you act" he quietly reprimanded her.

"Sorry it won't happen again" she apologized quietly as she held her head and pouted awe she looks so cute when she pouts.

"I know you mean well but you need to learn how not to overreact to harmless situations understand" he quietly said.

"Well someone asking us by name it is not harmless we only arrived yesterday this is suspicious we need to be cautious and get rid of him" I whispered and momon nodded in agreement.

"Hello there I'm the one who specifically requested you" Nfirea Bareare said I narrowed my eyes behind my mask.

"I'm sorry to disappoint but we already accepted another position perhaps after we finished this job we can help you" momon declined respectfully but Peter seemed to disagree.

"Don't be ridiculous, this could be big for you" he protested.

"What kind of man would I be if I did not keep my word" momon said this shocked everyone it seems that most adventurers don't keep their word.

"But it's a personal request," Peter said.

"Ok how about this I will listen to mister Bareare proposition then make my choice" momon said shocking me I then messaged him.

"What are you doing I thought we were going to get rid of him"

"I know but if this can boost our reputation then it will spread our names faster"

"Rrr fine but I'm watching him and if I think he will betray us I'll take matters into my own hands got that"

I then cut the message and we went up to the meeting room again and we started to discuss the job.

"My name is Nfirea Bareare I'm a pharmacist hear in the city your job would be to protect me as I harvest some herbs in the forest near carn village aside from escorting me there and back again I would like you to help me collect medicinal herbs I need" Nfirea Bareare explained the job it seemed simple but I was still cautious.

"A bodyguard assignment" momon said.

"The reward for doing this is" Nfirea was saying until momon interrupted.

"Question Peter, how would you like to come on as my hired hand" momon asked.

"What do you mean?" Peter inquired.

"I suggest we take this men along with this Excursion a ranger such as mister Lukrut would provide security and it would be smart to have a skills of a druid like mister dyne if we are going to be working in a forest" momon explained and everyone agreed but I wanted answers.

"That's settled but I'm suspicious why did you ask us for this job we just got here yesterday. Here we are nobody's but you asked us by name so I'm not sorry that I don't trust you" I said with a scowl.