Twenty Three

"Renjun, you're okay right?" a knock on the door brought Renjun back to his senses as he sighed before turning on the lights, reaching for his slippers. Once he was done fixing the mess which was his hair, the male made his way towards the door.

"gè" Renjun called out once he realized who that was. Lucas was standing in front of his door with a tight smile.

"You're alright, right?" he asked as Renjun tilted his head not knowing what the other meant.

"I saw Haechan and Jeno carrying you back to your room. They said you fainted. Didn't you take your pills?" he asked as he entered the room followed by a sigh from the latter.

"I didn't..." 

Lucas groaned looking at his brother with a slight glare.

"Why didn't you? You do know you have to!" he lashed out as Renjun focused his eyes on the floor clearly knowing he was at fault. He was advised to take pills every day to reduce the risk for anxiety attacks triggered by his nightmares.

"I'm sorry gè" 

Lucas didn't murmur anything before engulfing his brother in for a hug.

"You know you could tell me anything, right?"

Of course, Renjun knew his brother. Sometimes he does wonder how lucky he was to have Lucas as his brother. The older male looked out for him, and even when he got a boyfriend for himself, an additional someone receiving his attention, Lucas still made sure that his brother was safe and healthy.

"Something's clearly bothering you. You don't seem so fine" Lucas decided to not beat around the bush as Renjun sighed, hugging Lucas tighter. His brother was his personal comfort and the very first person who he runs to vent about his feelings.

"Is this about the Lees? Are they bothering you in some form?" 

Truth to be told, Lucas felt bad for turning his brother down whenever the latter raises his suspicions about the two. But after his encounter with the two today, he couldn't help but feel a bit weird. Was he at wrong for bringing the two to his house and offer a place for them? 

"What do you mean gè?"

"I'll be quite straightforward now that it's just us. Did they act inappropriately towards you?"

Renjun furrowed his eyebrows pulling away from the hug.

"No way, they didn't do anything to me! Why would you think so?" 

"Well...you have been telling me for quite some time that they are not what they seem to be...I know I put you off whenever you raised that issue. But after my encounter with them today, I don't know...they do give out weird vibes."

Renjun hummed knowing how exactly his brother felt. The same feeling he felt when he saw them for the very first time in their school.

"So...I want you to tell me the truth. Did they treat you...in a bad way?"

Renjun shook his head slowly with a small smile.

"No gè. I'm all good. They didn't do anything to me inappropriately."

"They didn't right?"

"Oh, c'mon don't you believe me?"

"Yes yes, I believe you. I just wanted to make sure!" raising his hands in defeat he passed a smile looking across the room.

"Well...take your medicines on time. You shouldn't forget it dumbo!" smacking renjun's head, the older male laughed a bit seeing the way Renjun reacted. Wincing he rubbed his forehead before pinching Lucas's arm.