Twenty Four

"We got information about who that possibly is..." Haechan started as Renjun got up, his posture steady as he examined the other's features. He realized what Haechan was hinting at.

"Really? This fast?" Renjun couldn't believe the fact that they were able to know who that was and that too within the span of a day.

"Yes...Taeyong has his own resources. It's really a surprise how he was not able to catch us. If this issue hadn't meddled our business then probably enough he would find us soon after he met Sungchan. He's smart and certainly not someone who one should keep as their enemy. Jaehyun hyung truly lucked out when he got him" 

Haechan said as Renjun's brows furrowed at the mention of a stranger.

"Oh, I didn't tell you, right? Jaehyun is the brother of Sungchan and Taeyong's lover"

"Oh..." 

"We'll be holding an emergency meeting and most probably we'll be putting the plan to practice tonight," Haechan stated as his glance fell on the smaller's frame who seemed to be fully concentrated.

"We need your help," he said emphasizing the word help as Renjun tilted his head sideways not quite knowing what kind of help he could provide them with.

"Wha-" before he could even complete his words Lucas barged into the room in an awfully awkward way taking the two by surprise. Renjun's eyes widened like a deer caught in lights as Haechan held his poker face not quite surprised by what happened. Ever since the dinner yesterday, Haechan had paid attention to Lucas who seemed to be extra protective over Renjun.

"Mom called you. She needs some help with baking"

"O-oh?" Renjun couldn't believe that. His mother was someone who had kept her sons away from cooking simply because she thought that they would burn the kitchen down. Having her call him for help was quite amusing to Renjun.

"Quick! She said it's urgent" Lucas pulled Renjun off of the bed before pushing him downstairs. The confused male then took steps to the kitchen only to see his mother smiling gleefully at the mixture for cake. Not so far from them could she see Jeno and his father standing, talking to each other.

"Mom!" he called out and walked towards them earning a look from Mrs. Huang.

"Yes, Jun?"

"Did you call me for help?" 

Mrs.Huang shook her head before smiling softly.

"No honey, why did you ask? Did someone tell you that?"

oh, so he was lying?

"N-no. Just asking" with that he took his leave, leaving the three confused.

"Weird" mumbling she went back to placing the mixture in the oven as Renjun took light steps towards his room. By now he was sure why his brother pulled out that stunt. He wanted to have a private talk with Haechan and clearly enough he wasn't satisfied with his answer the day before.

Stopping right before the door, he peered in to see Lucas's back facing him. Haechan seemed to be having his poker face as the older ranted.

"-don't ever think of hurting my brother, Renjun! Touch him and you're dead Lee. I may not know what you did but once I come to know about it I won't let you live peacefully."

"For the nth time Mr. Huang, my brother nor I have intentions of hurting your brother. In fact, we made up and are trying to be good friends. If you don't believe me ask your brother yourself. Ain't that the case Renjun?" as soon as his name was mentioned Renjun hid behind the door knowing he was caught overhearing them.