Thirty One

"This is the end huh..." Muttering to himself the human exited the room, earning a look from his brother. 

"What are you doing there Jun?" He asked tilting his head as Renjun shook his head walking past the male. He swore he could see his brother crying. Facing the door with confusion he looked back at his brother who surprisingly had the key to the room.

"Hasn't that always been locked?"

"Renjun!" Jaemin yelled throwing his arm across the other. Startled by his best friend Renjun narrowed his eyes at the pink-haired male who smiled apologetically before looking forward.

"It's a great day isn't it?" He asked earning no sort of reply from his best friend. Turning his head back to renjun, Jaemin abruptly stopped, tugging the sleeve of the other.

"Jae-"

"What's wrong with you Jun? Why are you acting weird?" 

"I'm not-"

"Yes, you are. Something's bothering you. I've been observing you for the past few days. You seem to be out of it. What's the matter?"

Renjun sighed. 

"Jaem, It's nothing. I'm fine, just a little bit tired."

Jaemin, eyebrow raised, bored his eyes through renjun's soul. If anything Renjun was bad at lying. And he knew he couldn't keep up this act for so long.

They have disappeared from his life, from their lives. They were nowhere to be seen. Just like Haechan had told him they had left without any traces. And it was sickening for renjun to be the only one to remember them among the humans the two monsters treasured, including his best friend Jaemin.

"I know you know I don't believe you but since we have classes to attend I'll let you off the hook. But don't you think I'll let this slide Jun" 

With that, he started walking forward with renjun catching up. Renjun didn't utter a word watching his best friend glancing towards a particular male.

"Isn't that Sungchan? What is he doing there?"

At the mention of the monster, renjun turned around only to find the male awkwardly standing in a corner, waving his hand. He glanced back at his best friend Jaemin who seemed to remember Sungchan.

"Jae-"

"Sungchan! What are you doing there?" 

The monster waved his hand before dropping his smile, seeing the shorter male beside his roommate. 

"Are you waiting for someone?" Jaemin inquired as the male passed a small smile, nodding shyly.

"Well...we'll be heading then. See you in school" 

The monster could see the pink-haired male moving forward with his best friend staying behind. Knowing what was about to come the taller male decided to leave only to be stopped by Renjun.

"I need to talk to you Sungchan... I need your help. Meet me at the rooftop during the break"

"But-"

"I promise I won't ask you any further. I just...want to know something. Just this once"

"RENJUN! HURRY UP! WE'RE RUNNING LATE!" Impatiently the male called out to his best friend who showed thumbs up before moving forward with him.

"I hope you'll be there..."

Sungchan didn't utter a word as he watched the humans disappear by the corner, his eyes falling now on the human who was hopping down the road. Smiling to himself he faced the male who wore a bright smile, his hands clutching his bag tight.