Twenty

"I knew this would be a bad idea just by seeing the way you were looking at him" Jeno murmured rubbing his head as he helped Haechan to carry the human to his bed. His sibling, though he heard the older, decided to keep mum as he knew Jeno was right. He indeed was the cause of it but he didn't think Renjun would faint right after he revealed himself.

"Haech- wait what happened to him?" A voice was heard in the background as the siblings turned to look at Lucas who seemed to be blinking his eyes at the sight of the two carrying his brother.

"He fainted..." Jeno answered the older as Lucas creased his brows.

"God this idiot forgot to take his pills once again?" Slapping Renjun's arm lightly the oldest joined to help the two as they carried him to his room. Haechan and Jeno looked at each other for a minute before turning to look at Lucas who seemed to be worried about the younger.

"Hyung, can I talk to you for a second?" Jeno asked once they settled Renjun down as Lucas nodded his head.

"Sure, go ahead"

"Not here...somewhere private..."

Though the taller didn't know what Jeno meant by the word private he nodded his head before walking towards the door. Stopping midway he turned to haechan, yelling.

"Haechan, please take care of my brother until I return," he said as the monster smiled a bit before looking back towards Renjun. Once he heard the door shut he heaved a sigh of relief, slumping back to the couch. He eyed the beauty lying in the bed as he folded his arms.

Haechan knew why Lucas looked confused. He revealed himself to Renjun and based on how their powers worked it would stop time. Renjun, since he was the only monster revealed himself to, will be able to witness as the world they live in come to a stop. This power was created by their forefathers after something that happened millions of years back which even led to their extinction. Had they not developed this, the underworld wouldn't be even there.

It was a bold move from his side, the younger realized. He shouldn't have done it in the first place but the way he kept bothering the monster, Haechan would be revealing himself one way or the other.

"It's a time-stopping thing, a dangerous one as well" he remembers her words as his eyes fell back to the human wondering whether he should wake the other or not.

"He's going to lash out one way or the other idiot. It's better to watch him scream at you now than to let others witness it and know his secret" murmuring to himself he got up making his way towards the other. Leaning in a bit he patted the other's shoulder in an attempt to him up.

"Renjun-ah" if this was any other moment he would cringe at the way he was calling out the human's name. But the circumstance was different and he indeed was the reason for Renjun blacking out.

"Renjun" he shook the other, using a bit more force, and was happy to see him stir. Moving away he watched the other blinking his eyes before getting up. Renjun rubbed his eyes continuously before looking back at the male.

Haechan could see the other's eyes shaking as he backed away even more making the monster sigh.

"Look, Ren-"

"Leave me alone..." his voice was surprisingly low as the male sighed before passing him a glass of water.

"Drink this" Renjun looked at the other before grabbing the glass shakingly earning a small smile from Haechan. The monster was glad that he accepted it.

"Are you okay now?" he knew it was stupid of him to ask and judging the way the human reacted he wished he would've kept his mouth shut.

"Please leave. I'm having a terrible headache"