Seventeen

TW: mentions of drug, violence

"What? A killing spree is going on?"

Renjun wasn't able to believe what he was hearing. A killing spree? And that too within a day?

"Renjun-ah, calm down first and take a seat" Mrs. Huang butted in grabbing her son's shoulder, forcing him to sit. The latter huffed before sitting followed by his brother and the Lees.

"Apparently the citizens are getting killed...even worse is that the cause of their death is unknown...the only evidence the cops have received so far is the bite mark that's identical between the victims. There's no fingerprint, no secretion, and literally nothing that could point out to a possible murderer. Even strange is the fact that a mass killing took place and none of the citizens heard any screams"

Mr. Huang described the facts he had heard from the news channel as Lucas tilted his head, his brow furrowed. There would be some kind of lead right?

"Dad it is possible for someone to not hear a victim's scream since they're given some kind of drug beforehand to make them unconscious"

"I know Lu but after the autopsy, the cops are saying that no drug of those sorts was inhaled or injected which means the victim was conscious. Even one of them had their eyes opened wide due to shock. So it's quite possible that the killer didn't use any form of drugs  to make the person unconscious."

Haechan and Jeno sat on one of the couches, listening to what the elderly couple had to say. If what they think is true then not only the citizens of Seoul but the Huangs themselves were in danger.

"You said they lost a lot of blood right?" Renjun asked as Mr. Huang nodded.

"That might be a reason for their death"

"But it takes quite a lot of time for a person to completely drain blood from one's body Jun. You know it as well right? How could have this murderer possibly did it when in fact it's a time-consuming process and that too on not just one but twenty different people"

Haechan and Jeno knew the answer. Someone of their kind could kill a human by the snap of their fingers. It wasn't unknown to them and the fact that they knew a monster other than themselves and Sungchan made the two worried. Of course, it wasn't like the two could tell with their chest high that they indeed exist and that they could kill humans quite fast.

They might even have an idea about who this specific monster is.

In their world, they were divided into different units to perform different functions based on their skills. So far they only knew Taeyong who was a part of the unit which requires him to use his fangs for use.

Taeyong...

"Uncle, did the cops say something regarding the position of the dead bodies?" Haechan interrupted the silence as Mr. Huang furrowed his eyebrows.

"Well...they did say that the dead bodies were ten meters or so away from the place they were last seen...It's almost spine chilling, the way their heads are separated from their bodies. The body is devoid of blood and the marks, they're identical" he described as they hummed nibbling on their lips.

"Is it near the forest? Or did something happen near?"

"Yes, why did you ask tho?"

"On our way back we were able to see the buildings shut down even before we entered the main city," he said as they hummed in realization with Mrs. Huang smuggling closer to her husband.