Eighteen

"He's up to no good hyuck"

Jeno sounded worried as Haechan hummed. The two were currently inside their room having an idea about who the certain monster could be. He came in search of them and he, as far as they know, would do anything dirty just to get them out of their hiding.

"Do you think Sungchan betrayed us?" Haechan asked tilting his head as Jeno halted. He too had those suspicions. Even though they have come to be on good terms with the younger monster they still couldn't rule out the possibility of him betraying the two. Considering the fact that he was of a lower grade compared to Taeyong he might as well be forced to blurt out.

"Yes and no. Honestly, I do have my fair share of doubts but let's see...do you have his number?"

Haechan nodded grabbing his phone. They better get answers before it's too late to fix the mess. Haechan and Jeno have come this far in search of the specific male and they wouldn't let any one of their species hurt humans. Sure they were built for that but having spent some time among those creatures they wouldn't want them to hurt.

Maybe Haechan might have someone as an exception who for no reason pesters Renjun.

"Hey!" Sungchan chirped from the other side as Jeno rolled his eyes. The younger male seemed too pleasant for a situation like this. It was way beyond him how the other could stay happy while someone of their kind was on loose.

"Don't hey me. You have to be real honest with us" Haechan's words were sharp as the younger male sighed a bit before humming.

"What do you want to know?"

"Do you perhaps met Taeyong hyung? Does he know where you live?"

Sungchan resisted the urge to roll his eyes. The siblings couldn't seem to get it to their thick heads that he, in no way, had any sort of contact with the older monster. If anything he was scared for his life knowing that Taeyong has entered the city as well.

"Geez! I don't know! Don't you both understand that I have no connection with him? Heck! Even I'm trying to escape from his eyes" the younger defended himself as Haechan nibbled his lips, still not buying the other's part of the story.

"Do you think I will believe you that easily?" He asked as a scoff was heard on the other line with Jeno clenching his fists.

"C'mon! You all should at least make some sense before speaking! I, in no way, have any contact with Taeyong."

"So you mean you haven't met him?" Jeno chided in, grabbing the phone out of his younger brother's hands as the other rolled his eyes for the nth time.

"Of course I don't- wait a minute...You guys told me that you both knew where he was right? You even told me that you both won't betray me so why the hell are you asking me where he was?"

Jeno blinked his eyes before handing the phone back to his brother with Haechan creasing his eyebrows.

"You both lied to me, tricked me into saying why I was here in the first place and then have the audacity to call and ask whether I know about his whereabouts-"

Haechan's mouth went dry as he bit his lip trying to think of some kind of response. He completely forgot about the fact that the two tricked him into saying why he was there in the first place.

"Don't raise your voice at us like that Jung Sungchan!" Haechan stated firmly using his power as their upcoming king as Jeno cheered from beside.

"It doesn't affect you whether we know about his whereabouts or not. But you" he paused trying to lower his voice, "You better tell us if you know where he is"