Part 13

For this gala Y/n didn't put much effort into her outfit. She didn't like the guests anyway. She put on a red suit without a tie and a few buttons unbuttoned, she brushed her hair and put it into a nice bun. She put on light makeup and some red lipstick. Illumi didn't dress up and just watched her do her makeup. He was going to miss that; he was going to miss her. She turned to him and asked "Aren't you going to dress up?".

"I need your help, I don't want people to recognize me"

"I have just the thing you need" She smiled and dived into her closet, she took out new contact, a wig and some makeup that she hoped would match him. She sat him on the bed, did his hair and put the wig on, he now had short hair. She styled the wig and did his makeup. He was unrecognizable. "I'm going to put the contacts, keep your eyes open and don't move". She sat on his lap facing him and took out the contacts. She held his eyes open with one hand and with the other put the contact on. He liked seeing her like that, she was so focused it was cute. She finished putting the contacts and with a satisfied smile stood up. "All done, you are now a different person". Illumi looked at himself in the mirror, she was right; he looked completely different. She took his hand and they took a limousine to the Gala.

The ride was silent but he would sneak looks at her while she was taking selfies. She was beautiful, he thought. They arrived and he opened the door like the gentleman he is and they went inside. Y/n being famous didn't need to wait in the queue and just went inside followed closely by Illumi. The gala went fine, Y/n didn't wonder nor ask who his target was and made conversation with a writer she met. Illumi went to her and whispered to her that she needed to get very close to the piano and stay there. She trusted him and thinking it was for her safety she obeyed. She got closer as Illumi made the pianist leave and sat on it. Seeing his back, it seemed so familiar like she saw it before. He started playing a tune, slow and sad. This also was very familiar, way too familiar. It gave Y/n a horrible headache. She held her head trying to remember where she heard it but her memories were all a blur. Her eyes grew wide open as the memory suddenly appeared in her mind. That dream came back.

The piano, the deal, the ballroom, the man. The devil in disguise. It suddenly all made sense. Y/n had to leave this place as soon as possible, run like there's no tomorrow but she couldn't. It was like she was stuck in place, unable to move. Her legs refused to move. The song stopped and the curtains fell to the floor, catching fire. Everyone except Illumi and Y/n left. The fire got closer and stopped, she was circled by a fire as Illumi was slowly playing the piano.

He stopped, stood up and looked at her. He walked to her and took a dagger out of his pocket. She knew now, she was the target all along. She didn't know who paid this much money to have her killed but it didn't matter anymore. What mattered is that she was going to die, killed by the man she trusted. She knew he was shady, she knew he was dangerous and she knew his family would do anything for money but the fact that he could kill her without any remorse broke her heart into pieces. He stopped in front of her and stabbed her, not in the heart like she expected but in the stomach. She fell to the floor in immense pain, both physical and emotional. She closed her eyes and choked out a cry of pain. She was helpless and she was going to die because she blindly trusted someone. She closed her eyes and hoped the pain would stop but it didn't. She felt herself falling asleep. She closed her eyes and completely let go of everything. 

To be continued