Part 3

3rd Person POV

She nodded as her manager told her what she needed to improve and which lyrics she needed to change. It was very short since the song was almost perfect but she though almost is not enough. Being a perfectionist she gave importance to the smallest details. Focused on the conversation she didn't notice a woman with a Victorian looking dress came in, looking at her eagerly. She hung up and noticed the woman's presence. Assuming it was Illumi's mother she bowed to show respect:
"

- Pleasure to meet you. I'm-

- Y/n L/n. She interrupted

- It's an honor to meet you

- I would say the same, I'm such a big fan

- Glad to head that. Sorry about the phone call I was talking to my manager about a song I'm going to release soon

- Ah wonderful. It has been 6 months and I was starting to miss your voice

- You're being too nice

- Oh, please. So Illumi, this is the girl who can predict the future

- It is her. Illumi talking monotonously as always

- So how does it work? The Zoldyck said excitedly

- When I look at someone I can see their day and the longer I look the more I see about them. It's like visions. Like I was watching the scene from an outsider's view. You feel me?

- Yes, very interesting. This is an ability that might be useful for future missions

- MI- what?

- Well your future missions with Illumi

- Say what?

"

The conversation was interrupted by a tall, buff man entering. He had blue eyes and long blond hair. He was very powerful and she guessed he must be the father. He came in front of her "You must be Y/n right?" he said confidently.

"Yes I am, it's a pleasure to meet you" She wanted to shake his hand but he didn't move and looked at her, an angry expression covering his face.

"You don't have to lie to us". This sentence confused Y/n "What do you mean?". "It's not a pleasure to meet us so stop lying". Y/n took her hand back and straightened her back "Sir I'm just being polite".

"Y/n Do you want to be here?" he said with a questioning tone. "Well I- ", "If you lie I'll kill you".

He started to get on her nerves, she hated being interrupted. On top of that what kind of human didn't understand politeness? "You know what? I don't really mind being here, I would rather be here, in a house full of assassins than being chased by fans every time I try to go out. No offense but- Sorry, all tea, all shade and all offense but these fans are not the type of people you want to be chased by. You aren't even scary compared to them". Illumi was surprised and if he wasn't in front of his parents his jaw would've touched the floor. It was the first time he saw someone disrespect Silva Zoldyck in front of him. He was wondering how was she still alive.

Zeno watching from behind the door chuckled. She was an interesting person. Standing up for herself and he knew she was a nen user but her attitude didn't change knowing how powerful Silva was. He watched as Silva released all his nen, his aura covering the whole room and probably the whole quarter. His smile disappeared when Y/n released hers. It wasn't bigger than Silva's but it looked different. Her aura was a dark red color. Almost like blood, it moved over her like fire. Her gaze darkened and she looked deep into Silva's eyes. Not moving one bit.

Illumi and Kikyo were silently watching as the two were having an eye contest. Silva's nen came back to normal and so did Y/n's. She turned to Kikyo and asked with a sweet smile and a confused expression.

"By the way, what did you mean by missions with Illumi?". Y/n looked like a different person. She wasn't the same creature that they witnessed, she was sweet and polite.

Kikyo regained her composure and cleared her throat. "Well your power is very interesting and I can see that you're strong. You're going to be an asset to this family." "No" Y/n answered with no expression on her face. A simple word was enough to surprise Illumi even more. Was she trying to get killed or what? Y/n continued getting herself deeper in this mess "I didn't agree nor hear of any mission. I only came here out of respect for this family's title. I don't want to participate to any mission now or in the future. Is that all or do you have anything else to tell me?"

Zeno came in and all the attention went to him. "Hello Y/n »

Y/n looked at him and smiled before bowing down in respect.

Zeno came up to her and said "I believe The Zoldyck family has something that you eagerly want".

"Do you have a Bottle of Hennessy?". Both Zeno, Y/n and Silva knew what she wanted but she played dumb. "I would really need to get drunk right now".

Zeno laughed before gaining back his seriousness. "It's about your family. Well the last living member, your little brother".

Y/n's gaze darkened and she felt threatened. How did they know? "I'm listening". Y/n tried to sound as confident as possible.

Silva made Illumi and Kikyo leave and looked deep into Y/n's eyes, feeling her confusion and fear. "What do you know about my family?"

Silva smirked, knowing he had her right where he wanted to. "I know that you put him up for adoption, I know where he is"

Y/n wasn't really convinced "You're bluffing"

"Ivory L/n born in 2005, 15 years old. Was in the "Wings orphanage" since he was 11 and was adopted 3 years later by the Blue family. I know their exact location and have them under surveillance 24/7.

Y/n, taken aback, completely forgot how to breathe. She looked at Silva then at Zeno "Are you threatening to hurt him?".

Zeno scoffed "Oh no, we're saying that if you work with us, we'll bring him to you".

"Well nice try old man but I know the Blue family, I do not wish to see him".

"If you refuse I swear on my name that I will torture him and beat him until there's nothing left of him other than a stack of bones"

Y/n felt anger spreading around her body like hot fire. At that very moment she wanted to grab him and beat him to death but she had to control herself. Her fists were so tight that her nails perforated her hand, letting the blood drip down to the floor. She didn't feel it, all she could feel was anger, this urge, this pulsing need to just break him. She would regret it later on but she knows he deserves the most horrible death. She looked into his eyes and focused to read his future.

She went to 30 years later, it was draining but she had to know when and how he will die. She was starting to feel really weak and her eyes were burning, she looked deeper and saw his last year alive. She smirked and could feel her eyes water, she wouldn't cry, not in front of these murderers. She continued looked and when she reached his last day she smiled. A liquid streaming down her face, from her eyes to her chin. When a drop touched her lips she noticed it wasn't the saltiness of her tears that she could taste. It was something metallic, like blood. She was crying.... blood??

She blinked a few times and with a chuckled said "You're going to die, only feeling pain. It will be unbearable, exactly what you deserve".

She left the room and saw Illumi waiting in front of the door. He stood tall and looked at her. She tried to walk towards him but her legs gave out. She was met by... nothing. It was black, silent, lonely, absolute emptiness.

To be continued