Part 32

POV Y/n

I woke up the next day in the most relaxed state I've ever been in so long. I got out of bed and stretched. As I was about to leave the room, Hope's mom opened the door at the same time with a tray in her hands. She put the tray on my bed and put a hand on my shoulder:

"

- How did you sleep?

- I slept amazing, thank you so much again for being there

- No need to thank me, you're like a child to me. This sentence warmed my heart, I didn't have a mother growing up and she was the closest thing I had to a mother

- You're the actual best

- I know, now eat breakfast, I'm taking you out today

- Oh really? Where?

- It's a surprise but you're going to love it!

- I'm sure I will. I smiled

"

I'm just glad to be here, and spend time with her. I finished eating, showered and put on a gorgeous dress that she gave me. I followed her outside and we got in my car, she drove while we were talking and listening to music and just bonding in general, it made me really happy to actually have someone. We got there, she parked and I looked outside to this huge flower shop. If it was possible actual stars would fall out of my eyes, I loved flowers with my whole entire being but didn't buy flowers much, I didn't have much time and hated to get shit delivered home. 

We got inside and she let me wander around like a child. At the entry there were a bunch of buckets that you could fill up with flowers and then buy, I got three of them. I filled them with all the pretty flowers I could find: roses, tulips, sunflowers -that I absolutely adored-, tulips of each color I could find, orchids, lilies, marigolds, lotus flowers, dahlias and many more. I ended up filling up the 3 buckets to the brim and got two more. As I was walking towards the cashier when I came across the most beautiful chrysanthemum, I took 2, as one does, and finally decided I bought enough plants, I gave everything to the cashier go let out a small "Oh my God". She started ringing everything up and before she gave me the price I rushed to get my credit card out of my purse. I got it out and noticed Hope's Mom trying to pay with her card. I held her hand and tried to give mine which sparked an argument:

"

- Let me pay. She calmly asked 

- Absolutely not, you will not spend a single penny as long as I'm alive

- I'm older, you have to let me pay

- No, doesn't mean anything

- It does to me, she gave her card to the cashier

- No! Mama! Mama! You are not paying. I snatched her card away and gave mine to the cashier, 

- Absolutely not, I refuse 

"

She tried to take her card back just I had already payed by then. I smiled, satisfied, we got all of our plants, she did get a few things but not as much as me. I drove to her house first so she could put all of her plants in her house and we then went to my house. She insisted on helping me decorate my house and considering how beautiful her house is, I trust her fully. We got to my house and laid flowers out in the living room, kitchen, my room, we then got to my studio where she put the sunflowers "it added more color" she said. I understood her logic but my studio is the most colorful thing I can think off. We sat on the couch and just talked about random things. 

It was getting late so I drove her back home, thanked her for today and went home, I sat down in my newly decorated studio, I'm going to have to figure out how to take care of plants but that's for another time. First I need to write and produce, I haven't made new music in so long and something tells me the minute I start it will be full on art chaos, and I'm willing to embrace it because the state of art chaos is when I make the best music in my opinion. 

I stretched a bit, got a pillow and started, producing, writing recording, until tiredness got the best of me. I put on my spare bonnet that was in the drawer and slept on the couch. I repeated that cycle for 2 weeks while of course taking breaks to check up on the group and spend some time with Hope's family, and dance. Along with making music I madly missed dancing.

After 4 weeks of hard work, sleeping in my studio, taking my heart out and pouring it into this album. I came up with a masterpiece, 16 songs, in 3 different languages and unique instrumentals. This is one of my best works yet. I took the day to rest and prioritize self care. 

I took a nice long bath, with essential oils, bath salts, petals and of course champagne. I had some ice cream for breakfast, just because I could, I went to the spa, got my hair, nails, toes, eyebrows done, a facial treatment, a massage and got to gossip with my favorite esthetician: Celeste, who has had some issues with her classmate in college, of course my advice was to be better than her in every way possible to crush down her ego real flat. Celeste in a smart girl, in the top 5% of her class, I count of her to graduate as Valedictorian, I know she sure can.

After that I went home and spent the rest of the day in a silk robe. 

  To be frank, emotionally, I wasn't feeling as bad. Yes I missed him so much, but I learned to get used to it, music was my therapy and just letting all of my feelings out like that made me feel so much better about the situation, and listen to more music made me realize that overall I had terrible taste in men, I deserve better than the men I liked could ever offer. 

For now I'll stay away from dating and focus on making my bank account grow, working and focusing on what I'm truly passionate about and become the best version of myself. I looked at myself in the mirror, cutting my natural hair is probably the best decision I've ever made, I've been growing my hair since childhood and finally cutting it feels like a tiny weight taken off my shoulders.

To be continued

Author's note: This marks the end of the chapter, I hope you enjoyed it, like I always I loved writing it, tbh this story is gonna be longer than I planned and I'm probably going to reach 40-45 maybe even 50 chapters before finishing it. I hope you're enjoying the story so far and thank you for reading it until here. Also an update, some of you might remember but a few chapters earlier I talked about writing instead of working on my Economics and Social sciences class, I finally got the grades back (because my teacher took weeks to grade it) and I ACED IT!!! We did 2 tests and 1 graded essay, I got two full marks and one 18/20 (in the french system we are graded out of 20)  so I'm very happy about that. 

I hope you are all doing great. Have a good day/night

I love you all <33