Part 30

POV Y/n

I opened my eyes in a familiar room, smelling tea and pancakes. I had a terrible headache and could barely think straight. I sat up and looked around, I was in the band's dorms. In John's old room, it was redecorated but I could recognize it. I stood up and walked to the bathroom, I had old clothes in the closet, so I showered, washed my face and walked out. In the kitchen, the boys were all here, eating breakfast, talking and laughing. I missed them so much, and I'm so proud of them, they've gotten so far. 

They noticed my presence and stopped everything to come hug me, I almost died of suffocation but I was also really happy to see them:

"

- Y/n, I have so many questions, we missed you so much.

- I missed you too kid, I'll answer everything once I get some food and caffeine in my system

- Of course yeah

- The food is amazing, I'm glad you guys don't need me anymore 

- Ay don't say that, we still need you, you're our mentor and older sister after all. Still, you were gone for almost a month, where were you

- I was... I paused... I don't remember

- What do you mean you don't remember? 

- I mean I don't remember anything that happened in the past month, nothing, it's all blank

- When you first left you said you were at a friend's house

- I said that? I was so confused

- Yeah, we talked once in a while but then you stopped responding, yesterday we literally found you in the guest bedroom, we figured you came back during the night

- I don't remember coming back, or ever leaving, it's so weird

- It's very weird

- Whatever, I'll figure it out eventually. How have you been doing?

- We finished the first album and did a 2 week long tour

- That's so cool! I'm so proud of you guys, the tour was amazing right? I've always loved going on tours no matter how busy I was

- Yeah it was amazing? 

- You guys have grown so much in a month, I feel like I was gone for a year

- We didn't change at all, we're still the guys you know

- So plans for the day?

- Today's our day off, we'll go see our families and just rest you know

- I'm glad, I'll go see the CEO and figure a few things out

"

We finished eating while they were telling me random anecdotes that I missed out on. I felt so happy and fulfilled, yet something was missing. We did the dishes and I followed Hope, first I went to greet the CEO. To be honest he was shocked to see me, he wondered why I went M.I.A, I just told him that I was dealing with personal things. I lied of course, I don't know why I went M.I.A for a month since I don't remember anything that has happened since last month. 

I went with Hope to see his mom and grandmother, they were both very happy to see me, they served me some tea and we talked for some time until Hope suggested that I ask his mom about my missing memory. She just stared at me, "You're dealing with a literal blockage, it won't take much time, you'll figure this out on your own. When you do, come over, I'll be waiting with some tea and cookies". 

This was such a vague answer but I thanked her, she knew something I didn't, she was wise, I had to trust her on that. We went to my house, my room looked different, they fixed it since the fire but they removed all my decorations, I was left with a king size bed and a dull, white, hospital looking room. 

I left it as it is and went to the living room. I got some popcorn, drinks, blankets and Hope and I watched movie after movie after movie until it was very late. We ended up falling asleep in the couches

The night was okay, I had good sleep. For once I didn't dream, which is odd, I always dreamed, I always had dreams about anything and everything, and I always remembered them vividly, but for once, no. I tried to brush it off but I still had that uneasy feeling, like something was missing, like phantom limb syndrome, but my limbs weren't missing, something on the inside was, and it's killing me because I can't figure out why. 

I made breakfast for Hope and I and we ate while talking about the day ahead, I think I'll go down in the studio and try to write something, if I'm right I haven't released anything in over a month, maybe a new album would be good. 

After breakfast, Hope went to the studio and I showered, changed and went down to the studio. I noticed a notebook on the desk, my notebook, the only I always kept under my pillow in case I had an idea in the middle of the night. I opened and read through it until I noticed new pages, I always put the date on any new project just so I could keep up, this one, I wrote it 3 weeks ago. "Dark red", I read through it and it was a great song, totally my style, but I don't remember writing it, I even added notes for the instruments, the beat, or other song ideas that I added a few days later. I had no memory of it. 

I started working on the song, I produced the instrumental and walked into the booth, with my notebook in hand I tried singing it, it sounded great and matched the vibe perfectly, I sang it again a few times until I recorded the perfect take, when it was time to start mixing it, I zoned out in my computer, I had a sort of flashback, I saw myself, with the notebook, in an unfamiliar room, I saw myself singing it to some weird woman, she had bandages covering her face, a Victorian style outfit, it felt so unfamiliar but also familiar at the same time. 

I focused back on my work but I couldn't stop thinking about it, it haunted me, the song, the woman, the room. I couldn't work in these conditions, I went up to the kitchen and got myself iced coffee. The headache at the center of my forehead came back, this time it was bearable but still painful. It was starting to get worse so I went to my bathroom to get some ibuprofen, if I even had any. I found a bottle and tried to open it but I dropped it to the floor where it opened and spilled everywhere. Still dizzy I got on my knees to clean up when I had another flashback, this time, I was on my knees, in front of a long haired man, I couldn't recognize him but something about him felt so familiar, and safe, I felt a weird sensation when I saw him, like my heart started beating again, it was hard to explain but even harder to feel. 

I got distracted by these thoughts because the headache got even worse, I was pinned to the floor, not able to think, or do anything. It was like a knife going slowly through my skull, I touched my forehead and felt something like a large pin, I could feel it through my skin. Without thinking, I kind off ripped it out, the pain finally fading away I looked at a bloody golden pin, the size of my middle finger. I guess I'm going to need more than painkillers for that.

Suddenly, the pain got worse, instead of a headache, my whole body felt horrible, I had nausea, and muscle spams, I managed to go over the toilet and puked my guts out. I laid back down on the floor and suffered silently for hours until I finally got the strength to sit up.

During that, memories where slowly coming back, I knew exactly where I was and what happened during the last month. I remembered everything, I remembered him.

To be continued