Part 8

POV Y/n

I went home and entered my studio. I took my phone and started calculating things. So to produce a song in average the 1 initial mixing takes me around 7 hours. Secondary mixing depends but usually between 3-5 hours. So about 12 hours. 2 tracking, editing and mixing all combined is about 23-24 hours since I can be slow at times. If we do everything as a team we can finish in less than 20 hours. I am bad at math but this sounds like a plan

I then opened my DAW, set the tempo and started working on the beat.

3 hours later I was done and took my phone and my files. I looked up the numbers of all the members and made a group chat. I then sent them the beat and asked what they thought about it. While waiting for an answer I went upstairs and grabbed a bottle of water. I went back downstairs and looked at the chat. They really like the beat and Mino sent me a private text saying he had an idea for the lyrics. I listened to his ideas and took notes, I could see he was talented and very creative because I liked his ideas, they were innovative I would say.

I listened to the instrumental again. I choose a softer beat, something relaxing I would say. I'm not good at describing instrumentals or songs in general.

I put the instrumental on a USB and then look back at the notes Mino sent me. I take a separate piece of paper and start writing a song based on what he sent me. The notes are a bit vague but I get his points. An hour later and many, many crumbled piece of paper later I finish the song. I then save everything on my computer and drive and look at the clock. It is 4 am. I gasped looking at the time. I really did not realize how long it has been. I'm still not done with the instrumental but I finished the song.

I go to the kitchen, get a cup of coffee and go back to my studio. I continued working on the instrumental and cleaning some things while ignoring the headache and the heaviness of my eyes. I was exhausted but hated to leave things undone so I'll finish it, take a power nap then go to the agency.

3 hours later the headache intensified and I could barely focus. I turned my computer off and went to my room. It was now 7:00. I'll sleep until 8:30. While means I'll will have 90 minutes of sleep which is a whole cycle. That's enough I guess. I set my alarm for 8:00 am and without changing or doing anything instantly fell asleep.

I woke up after what felt like 5 minutes. I turned my alarm off and rolled over to the other side. My eyes shoot wide open as I felt the cold hard floor against my back. I groaned and stood up. I took a cold shower that didn't really help and after doing half of my morning routine I took a cup of coffee, that cup turned into 5 and I was now running late. I hurriedly put my shoes on and grabbed my computer before running to my car. I drove to the Agency and arrived at 8:52.

I ran inside, got a cup of coffee and went to their dorms and knocked on the door. John opened the door and let me in without a word. I didn't take my shoes off and called everyone. They all came and followed me to the studio. In the studio I downed my coffee in one huge sip and sat on one of the chairs. I turned my computer off.

"So I came up with an instrumental and got a song, I'll need Mino and Ken so I can teach you how to edit and mix. Then we're going to train on the vocals and rap parts along with the pronunciation and all that. We're also going to work on the lyrics because what I did is just a draft. Understood"

"Yes" the said in unison

I showed them everything and we started working and recording and rerecording and changing some things. It took the whole day with multiple breaks to eat and at night we still weren't done. We'll continue tomorrow. I say goodbye to everyone and go home while still ignoring the feeling of getting hit on my forehead by a hammer. It's really annoying but this is what I get for not sleeping enough. I get home and after eating dinner I change into a panda onesie and fall on my bed. I set my alarm and fall asleep.

During the night my dream was very messy I would say. One second I'm in a pool, the other I'm in a garage with my parents. Then everything turns black. All I can hear is the sound of a piano. A soft, sad tune playing. It's calming. Suddenly a light turns itself on and I can see a piano not so far from me. Someone is playing but I can't quite see who. A dark shadow is on the chair, playing beautifully. I get closer to this dark shadow that slowly gets more clear. I can see huge dark wings. Almost angel like. I get closer and closer despite my gut feeling telling me to run away. I am now a meter away from the piano. The pianist stops playing and turns around. Their big black wings towering over me. I look up at them and recognize the face. The pianist is none other than Illumi but with wings. I look at his face a little longer and notice red and black horns. Devil like horns, it was scary. He walked to me and at every step he took his appearance changed. His eyes turned red, his skin peeled revealing red, raw flesh. He had an evil smile on his face. Soon we were surrounded by red flames, circling us. I had no escape. He came to me and faced me. He grabbed my face harshly with his thumb and index finger and laughed. The grip he has on me started burning as if his fingers were on fire. I wanted to scream but no sound would leave my throat.

He looked at me with his bloody red eyes and his smile grew bigger. He moved his face and as his lips met my ear he opened his mouth to say something. He then took a step back and held his hand out for me to shake. I couldn't control my movements, and I don't know what has gotten into me but I shook his hand. He broke into a fit of laughter. At that same moment my eyes opened wide. I sat up and in panic touched my face. I ran to the bathroom still shaken up by this dream and turned on the lights. I inspected my face, looking for the burning marks he left but nothing was there. I leaned against the wall and took a deep breath.

It was all a dream. I am okay.

But I felt like it was all a lie. The dream, it all felt so real, I could still feel the heat from the fire around me, I could still feel his fingers on my face, burning me. But nothing was there. I slid against the wall and fell to the floor, hugging my knees.

I met the devil. I probably made a deal with the devil. I closed my eyes and focused trying to remember what he whispered in my ear but it was all a blur. So frustrating, I ran my hands through my hair and tried to calm my breathing.

I also wanted to figure out why was Illumi the devil. I knew he was a human, a very powerful human but still a human. I then remembered my visions and my ability to see the future. I rarely used it since I am far from the Zoldyck family and it's been so long that I almost forgot about it. Since my power is a part of my subconscious then maybe it's trying to tell me something but what?

To be continued