VII.VIII

Setting: Berkeley Hall School, Los Angeles, CA

If it was up to Kourtney, all of their kids would be homeschooled

If it was up to Kourtney, all of their kids would be homeschooled. They would choose one person's house, hire a super expensive teacher with some type of Ivy League educational background, and have the kids do school that way. For someone who preached about wanting to live a normal life, Kourtney was the furthest from it. Demi had a little bit of anxiety about sending Muse to school for the first time, but she needed to interact with kids outside of her cousins. And she needed to get used to going to school everyday. Although everyone in her life was famous, that's not what Demi wanted for her daughter. Fame was so fleeting. She could give her daughter the best education that the world had to offer and that's exactly what she was going to do...whether Muse liked it or not.

"Look Muse, we're here!" Demi exclaimed as Cristo pulled into the parking lot of the elite and very expensive school.

Since it was their first day they didn't have to wear uniforms, so Cristo had made a big deal about designing Muse's first day of school outfit to get her excited about it. Muse had moments of excitement but then she would get upset again and not even want to approach the topic of school. Even now, she was sitting in her carseat with her bottom lip poked out and her arms crossed and completely ruining Demi's first day of school video that she was filming.

"And your cousins are already here. Come on Musee, you're gonna have so much fun today!" Demi tried to hype her up as Cristo parked the car.

He was the one to get her out so that Demi could capture every little moment. Muse refused to let her father put her down as they made their way to the entrance of the school where Kim, Khloe, and Kylie were waiting for them with their kids.

"Hey chou chou, I'm gonna put you down now, okay?" Cristo soothed, but as soon as Muse's feet hit the floor, all bets were off and the tears began to flow. She attached herself to her father's leg as Demi put her phone away and went to comfort her daughter.

"Muse, hey, what's wrong? Look at me, you have to tell me what's wrong," Demi coaxed as she tried to wipe her daughter's tears away.

Anytime Muse was upset, Demi automatically wanted to get upset too but she knew that she couldn't because Muse fed off the emotions of the people around her.

"I don't want to go to school," she sobbed as Cristo knelt to her height as well.

"Why not?" Cristo asked but Muse shook her head. She was crying so hard that it was starting to affect her breathing.

"Let's take some deep breaths, okay? Take a few deep breaths. Look baby, breathe with me. There you go. Now why don't you want to go to school?"

"I don't want to be away from you," Muse finally answered.

"Chou chou, we'll be right back to pick you up and then guess what? You get to pick where we have lunch. And maybe we'll even go get some dessert. What do you want for dessert today, hmm? You get to pick anything you want."