VII.VI

Setting: Nicolas Ghesquiere's Chateau, Provence Alpes Cote D'Azure, France

The rest of the week had been a success. They closed out Paris Fashion Week with Kanye's show and the Louis Vuitton show. Kylie and Stormi flew back to California because Kylie had an aversion to staying on family trips the whole time, but everyone else moved to Nicolas's mansion in the countryside where they had Muse's first Christmas. He was more than happy to host everyone and this was Demi's first time seeing Nicolas and Clara in a while. Demi was also excited because she had a special celebration planned for Cristo. He had been working so hard and she wanted him to feel appreciated so she had arranged for a small party in the courtyard with a few special guests. Taylor had actually been a huge help in organizing the whole thing, although working with her after she basically told Demi off was a bit awkward. But Demi wanted to celebrate her husband so she put her feelings aside for the sake of him.

"I don't want my hair done," Muse pouted as Demi brushed her hair away from her face and rolled her eyes. Demi swore the terrible two's were supposed to be limited to one year yet Muse somehow hadn't grown out of that phase. Her daughter was lovely most of the time but when it came to doing something that she didn't want to do...it was a nightmare.

"Too bad," Demi said, because she really wasn't in the mood to argue with a three year old. All she was doing was putting Muse's hair in a ponytail. Muse released a small huff and folded her arms across her chest as Cristo entered the room with an annoyed look on his face.

"What is it now?" Demi questioned as she took in the expression on her husband's face. Him and Muse literally looked like twins.

"What's going on in the courtyard? Clara said it's some type of celebration you planned?" Cristo asked.

"It was supposed to be a surprise but it's just a small party..."

"Demi, I told you that my father isn't well and you thought planning a party at his house was a good idea?"

"Actually, I spoke with Demi and I thought it was just fine." Saved by the father in law. Nicolas Ghesquiere was a handsome man whose age rarely showed but as he entered their bedroom with his hands folded behind his back, it was clear that his sickness had aged him. Cristo never went into details about exactly what his father was dealing with, but it was clearly sucking the life out of him with no boundaries.

"Pepere!" Muse squealed, running from Demi to attack her grandfather with a huge hug. Muse didn't see her grandparents often but when she did, they always showered her with so much love, and whenever they were around, Muse was practically obsessed with them. Demi tried not to show her concern as Nicolas lifted Muse into his arms and peppered her with kisses.

"How's my Musee?" Another thing about Nicolas was that he pronounced Muse's nickname with the accent on the end unlike the rest of her family. It also caused Muse to giggle.