VII.X

Setting: Kris's House, Calabasas, CA

Demi never thought there would be a time in any of her relationships when she would have to google her significant other to see their whereabouts

Demi never thought there would be a time in any of her relationships when she would have to google her significant other to see their whereabouts. But ever since Cristo received the news of his father's failing health, he had been all over the place and seemingly avoiding her. One minute he was in the states, the next he was in Paris. The only way that Demi could keep up was either through the internet, his assistants, or Clara. And now apparently Kourtney. Demi was trying her best to be understanding, but to her, this really pointed to the bigger issue in their marriage, an issue that kept coming back to haunt them: their communication.

"How are you?" Kim said as she entered Kris's kitchen and sat next to Demi at the marble island.

Although Cristo was acting erratically, Demi couldn't. She still had a job to do and she still had a daughter to take care of, which meant squeezing in some KUWTK scenes while waiting for Muse to get out of school.

"I'm okay, I'm just really tired," Demi tried to rub away the stress lines on her forehead because even though he wasn't physically present, Cristo was stressing her out.

"Do you think there could be something else going on with Cristo? I know his father is really sick but he just seems to be having a really hard time and like there's more to it than that," Kim hinted as Demi pressed Cristo's contact to call him again. It rang once and then went straight to his voicemail, which was full.

"I don't know," Demi sniffled as she tried to text him too, but her texts weren't being delivered and Demi had no idea why. The service in Kris's house was always spotty but Demi had just sent a text to someone else a few minutes before.

"Demi, what's wrong?"

"I think he has me blocked," Demi choked out before standing up. She unhooked her mic from the back of her pants because she didn't want to film anymore.

"Can we stop filming please?" Kim said to one of the producers before following Demi outside so that she could get some fresh air.

Out of all of the sisters, Kim and Demi were the only married ones so although their other sisters had significant others and great relationships with the fathers of their children, Kim felt like she was the only who truly understood what Demi was going through. When you get married, you make a vow to be there for each other no matter what and when the other person is making it impossible for you to do that, it makes things extremely difficult. She had been through things with Kanye that she hadn't even shared with her sisters so she had to go through it all alone while protecting her children, and that's not what she wanted for Demi.

"I just don't understand what I did wrong like...I don't want to make it about me because I know he's going through a really hard time, like he's literally watching his father die, but what did I do wrong?" Demi weeped, letting Kim wrap her up in her embrace.