Epilogue

Vogue
The First Family of Fashion

More than five years have passed since Cristo Ghesquiere and Demi Lovato were joined together in holy matrimony at the Palace of Versailles in what is still known as one of the best weddings of the 21st century. Ghesquiere was promoted as the late Nicolas Ghesquiere's protege - before launching his own fashion brand, Ghesquiere worked under his father at Louis Vuitton. Lovato was also in the world of high fashion, modeling for several luxury brands and even gracing various fashion weeks around the world. Those two worlds were united and now almost six years after their Vogue Paris cover that announced their engagement, Lovato and Ghesquiere are back with their three children - Muse, Jadore, and Nicolas II.

Nestled in the Hidden Hills of California only miles away from the Kardashian claimed city of Calabasas is the home of the Ghesquiere family. The estate boasts a timeline design, expansive views, and the thing that the Ghesquieres have come to cherish the most: ultimate privacy. Lovato and Ghesquiere live a very privileged life indeed. But it hasn't come with some consequences.

"I've been in the spotlight since I was very young so I've been living this life for a while, and it's totally different when you have children. I'm so protective of them and I think that something Cristo and I can agree on is that we just want them to have a really good and whole childhood. I think my husband and I had to grow up so fast and yes, we have a very blessed life now but we also worked our asses off for it. So, we don't want our kids to have to grow up too fast or like, be exposed to things too early. We just want them to be kids for as long as possible."

As we journey through the home, it becomes clear that this is the home of three children who constantly keep their parents on their toes. It's clear that there are three kids in the house, a seven year old, a two year old, and a one year old from the scattered mess in the kitchen and the living room. Neither Ghesquiere or Lovato seemed to mind the toys, blankets, and stuffed animals in their living area.

"You get used to it. While I was pregnant, my sisters told me that the energy is so different with three kids. I thought they meant that in a good way but no, they meant that in a chaotic way," Lovato chuckled as we all take a seat on the couch. I'm able to tell them about the concept for their photoshoot that will take place later today and the headline we're considering. If all things go according to plan, the children should join us for the photoshoot, but their team made it clear that if the kids weren't in the mood, then the shoot would just have to be with Lovato and Ghesquiere.

"That's actually funny that 'first family of fashion' is what that headline will be because besides what I do for Cristo or my sisters, I really don't consider myself to be in that high fashion world anymore. In fact, Muse has kind of taken my place," Lovato, who legally changed her last name to Ghesquiere earlier in the year, chuckles. Muse is the couple's first daughter.

Although she's only seven years old, she has already modeled for Ghesquiere's C'est La Vie youth line, for Justin Bieber's DrewHouse youth line, for Kim Kardashian's SKIMS Cozy Collection, and for a Dior print campaign with her little sister Jadore.

"That's fine with me though. I think the saying is that your kids are supposed to outdo you or something, and she definitely has."

When asked if this is a career that they'll allow Muse to pursue full term, Ghesquiere shakes his head.

"Muse is actually very clear about what she does and doesn't want to do. We've given her the autonomy to decide what she wants to do and because of that, she has a very clear vision. If she wants to do this for the long run, we'll support her, but right now, her education comes first. I think to her, the modeling stuff is just fun. She gets to go to school and tell her friends that she walked in fashion week. Not every kid gets to do that."