VII.III

Setting: Le George, Four Seasons George V, Paris, France

Vaulted ceilings mixed with the classic Parisian art and the high windows overlooking the marble Orangerie to set the atmosphere of the Le George Mediterranean restaurant right outside of the lobby of the hotel

Vaulted ceilings mixed with the classic Parisian art and the high windows overlooking the marble Orangerie to set the atmosphere of the Le George Mediterranean restaurant right outside of the lobby of the hotel. After a late dinner last night and everyone still being severely jet lagged, it had taken a while for the family to make their way down to the restaurant for an early afternoon brunch. Kris had already blocked off an entire portion of the restaurant just for their large family. Khloe and True never participated in fashion week and Kylie never flew in at the same time as everyone else, so at the moment it was Kourtney and her kids, Kim and her kids, Muse, Cristo, Demi, Corey, Kris, and Kendall. Kanye was off doing last minute preparations for his show.

Muse was thrown into a giggling fit as Cristo held up a small piece of a baguette and said the name of it in French. Demi was all for Cristo teaching Muse French but right now, all it did was cause Muse to giggle at how it sounded because Cristo was one of the only people who spoke French to her. Clara and Nicholas did but they weren't around that often. Demi thanked God that she was wearing her new Chanel sunglasses because she didn't want anyone to see her getting misty eyed. Cristo was an amazing father, he really was, but she just wished he was around a little bit more. Maybe that was her being selfish, but this entire summer it had felt like Cristo was a weekend dad. And watching the way that Muse and Cristo interacted with each other made Demi want to stay here and be with him, but she was under contractual obligation. She had to get this album started. Money wasn't a problem but if she didn't have to pay a fine, she didn't want to pay one.

"Cristo, are you ready for the show tomorrow? Are you excited?" Kris asked as Muse climbed over to Demi's lap, reaching for her orange juice. Demi grabbed the cup from her and let her take a few sips so that she wouldn't get her outfit dirty. Cristo had dressed her in a cream fur coat over one of her favorite black and white dresses since it was a little chilly outside, and Demi had braided the front of her hair back because having her hair in her face irritated her.

"I don't know if excited is the word that I would use, but I'm definitely ready for it," Cristo said, leaning back in his chair and wrapping his arm around Demi. Once Muse was done with her juice, she went back to her dad's lap and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I miss you," Demi heard her mumble, and that's when she really felt the tears gather in the bottom of her eyes.

Muse was only three but she was already so emotionally intelligent, so in tune to the world around her and how everyone else was experiencing it. Demi had noticed it first this summer when Cristo would leave and she would get super upset, and Muse would suddenly calm down for the day and seem devoted to making sure her mother was okay although there wasn't much that she could do as a three year old. Demi was adamant about Muse not having the type of childhood she did, but just as she really starting to remember things, she was sensing this awful distance between her parents and Demi hated it.