VIII.VI

Setting: Demi and Cristo's House, Hidden Hills, CA

Demi was going to kill Cristo. It didn't matter that her and Dianna had been on speaking terms for years now and she no longer harbored this unnecessary hatred for her mother. They had gone a decade without having a real relationship with each other so it was probably going to take a decade before things went back to normal between them. Demi knew that if she didn't put forth the effort, her relationship with Dianna would never be right, but she wanted to do that on her own terms. Yet Cristo kept butting in and now she had to deal with Dianna while trying to put together a nursery.

"It just would have been nice if I had found out from my own daughter that she was having another baby instead of social media, that is all I am saying," Dianna continued to rant as Demi folded another baby sized Dior clothing article and placed it on the shelf. They had caught wind of the name and sent over a humongous package.

"Hmm," Demi hummed in agreement, because she just wanted to get Dianna to stop talking. And leave. She had the whole house to herself and she couldn't even enjoy the peace and quiet because Cristo had summoned Dianna over while he was with Muse at her soccer game.

"You didn't even invite us to the baby shower, honey. Madison and Eddie are the only ones who really have a relationship with Muse. We're your family, Demi. Don't you want your kids to know that? To know us? To have some type of normalcy in their lives?" Dianna continued.

Damn, Demi thought she was finished. She stood up and brushed the imaginary dirt off of her sweatpants before exiting the closet. Of course Dianna followed her. She really wished Cristo would've warned her about her coming over. Demi could've scheduled a meeting with the interior designers who had asked if they could decorate the nursery. Then she would've had an excuse to dismiss her.

"Our definition of normal is very different and I don't like what you're trying to imply," Demi said, turning to face her. Dianna was shorter than she was but neither of them were very tall. Demi folded her arms across her chest and waited for what she was going to say.

"Demi, your lifestyle is crazy. I mean, mansions and resorts and private jets and the Kardashians...have you ever even taken Muse to Texas to see where you grew up?" Dianna questioned.

"So when I'm paying for your house and your cars and your vacations, my lifestyle is fine but suddenly, it's too crazy for me to raise kids?"

"That's not what I'm saying," Dianna took a deep breath like she was trying to collect her thoughts. "I just want to be included in your life more, and I want to be included in the lives of my grandchildren. That's all."

Dianna was so full of shit. Nothing was stopping her from being involved. If Eddie and Maddie could do it, she could too. Yeah, they were never going to be as close as she was to Kris but if Dianna really wanted to be there for Muse and Jadore, Demi would let her.