VII.II

Setting: Demi and Cristo's House, Calabasas, CA

With all of the people moving in and out of her closet while trying to get her packed for fashion week, Demi hardly noticed Muse run into the room with a loud squeal, instantly throwing herself into her mother's arms as Demi jumped in surprise but...

With all of the people moving in and out of her closet while trying to get her packed for fashion week, Demi hardly noticed Muse run into the room with a loud squeal, instantly throwing herself into her mother's arms as Demi jumped in surprise but then set her iced coffee down to pepper kisses all over her face. Demi had been preoccupied with packing – well, Kelsey, Jill, Avo, and Lana (the stylist that Cristo had hired for her) – had been preoccupied with packing for fashion week because they were leaving tomorrow.

She was starting in New York because Kendall was walking in a few shows, Cristo had a show, and she had been invited to a few shows. Paris wasn't until the end of the month, so they were flying to Milan then to Paris and staying there until Paris Fashion Week was over. That had been their compromise after they spent a whole month leading up to summer arguing over Demi and Muse staying in Paris over the summer while Cristo prepared his new line. Demi supported him wholeheartedly, but she wasn't about to uproot her entire life for three months and go to France just to be with him. Not when she had other things going on. He basically came home whenever he could, and they eventually got over their fight, but it had caused some deep tension between them that had taken forever to go away.

Muse had spent the morning at a dance lesson with North and Kim had said that they were just going to hang out together all afternoon, so she wasn't expecting to see her so soon, but she was happy that her baby girl was back home with her.

"You scared me!" Demi exclaimed as Muse giggled and rested her head on Demi's chest, her skin warm because of the heat.

Demi still couldn't believe that Muse was already three years old. Since Cristo was still in Paris they had flown over there for her birthday and he finally got to rent Disneyland in Paris out for her like he had wanted to do for her first birthday. Muse loved the whole thing. She got a princess makeover, got to have a princess lunch with all of her cousins, and they got to sleep in Cinderella's Castle.

"Hey Demi," Kim said as she entered her closet and took a seat next to her on the couch.

"Hey, where's Nori?"

"I dropped her off over Kourtney's house, but Muse said she wanted to come back home. How's packing coming along?"

"I think I'm almost done," Demi said as Muse left her embrace and went over to the mini fridge that was in the corner of her closet to grab a bottle of juice as Kelsey walked back into the closet, stressing over the laminated itinerary that had been glued to her hand for the past week.

"I think we need another suitcase," Kelsey mumbled, more to herself than anyone else in the room as Demi furrowed her eyebrows.

"Why?"

"Because of all of the events Cristo has you guys down to attend. I got this itinerary from his assistant and there's way more events on it than the one that you gave me," Kelsey stressed, passing Demi a copy of the paper as Muse ran back to her side to look at the paper as well.