Confessions in the Infirmary

"Oh dear! What's wrong?" Madam Pomfrey exclaimed as Dawsen rushed into the infirmary.

Dawsen looked up at Madam Pomfrey, "I tripped over my own feet." She lied, "Fell down the steps." Dawsen had always been able to come up with a quick lie, no matter the reason.

Madam Pomfrey sighed, "Go ahead and lie down, we'll check your head for any concussions. I'll have an owl tell your teachers your out for today and tomorrow, a fall down these old steps is no joke." She sighed, rushing Dawsen over to a bed in the far back.

As Madam Pomfrey sat Dawsen down on the last bed on the left, she gently grabbed her wrist, Dawsen winced in pain.

Madam Pomfrey furrowed her brows, "Are you sure this is from falling down the steps? You have no other injury anywhere else, and this is majorly severe." She sighed, "We're going to have to use Skele-Gro."

Dawsen groaned thinking about the pain from the Skele-Gro while she was also in pain from her injured wrist. "Yeah, yeah I just braced myself." Dawsen sighed as she crawled into bed.

Madam Pomfrey smiled at her, "Get some rest. We'll start the Skele-Gro process soon, so take a quick rest as I send out some owls." She walked away with a quick pace.

Dawsen sat back, resting her head at the unusual comfortable pillows. Normally the pillows at Hogwarts weren't too comfortable, however these were an exception.

As she lay back, she thought about what everything that had just happened in the last 30 minutes. None of it made sense to her.

Dawsen tried to sleep, sleeping was normally her way of escaping the reality of having to deal with the confrontation of her problems. However, I'm here because I stopped a whore from getting what she deserved, echoed in her mind, even in her sleep.

It was impossible to get out if her head, Dawsen knew Fred was cruel, she had known that for forever. But what she didn't know was how vile he could be, how foul. It was revolting, what he said. It left her stomach in knots on top of the fact that she had just been assaulted, again. It seemed as if it were a never ending rabbit hole, Dawsen always falling down the one that wasn't good for her.

However, she couldn't help it. Dawsen grew up in a house that was only home to bitterness and darkness, it was the only affection she received as a child. She was conditioned to take toxicity as love, and now she truly saw the effects of her horrible childhood play out in her everyday life; effecting the way she even loved.

As Madam Pomfrey walked over, Dawsen prepared herself to intake the Skele-Gro. But as she approached closer, she wasn't carrying any Skele-Gro, she was being trailed by George.

Dawsen felt her stomach sink. She'd been avoiding George not purposefully, but she hadn't spoken to him in days because of Fred. He looked tremendously worried as he quickly made his way over to Dawsen's bed.

"Quickly, Weasley. She has to start recovery soon." Pomfrey demanded as she walked away, closing the curtains behind her to engage a little bit of privacy.

( LIKE YOU DO- JOJI )

George looked at Dawsen stunned, "What in the bloody hell happened?" He grabbed her unharmed hand, clutching it in his.

Dawsen sat for a few seconds, she didn't want to lie to George, but there was no way she wanted to tell him about Fred, "I fell down the steps-"

"Don't you bullshit me, Dawsen Ruxc." George sighed at her, "Tell me the truth."

Dawsen looked at him, "You're going to hate me, George." She looked back down at her fresh linen sheets, wanting to avoid any real contact with George right now. She wanted to pull her hand out of his grip, but she knew that would only cause more problems. Her eyes started to swell as her chest heaved from the amount of stress she had been feeling.