Hogsmeade Aftermath

The group had conversed on their journey back to Hogwarts, none being able to come up with any logical explanation as to why Draco was running like a deer in headlights.

The few logical theories they were able to summon from their minds was as follows; Draco could've been playing a prank like he did with Harry and the dementors, Crabbe and Goyle could've chased him, or he simply could've barked up the wrong tree when he was at one of the pubs.

The walk back was still no fun, even though they were all bashing on Malfoy and his idiotic ways. Dawsen had been extremely let down, Fred had been a complete dick to her on the way back.

He'd ignore her, and if she was talking she was quickly interrupted by Fred who seemed to purposefully dominate the conversation whenever she was speaking. So, she pulled Hermione back to walk with her, coming up with a far-fetched idea that still seemed possible about Malfoy that had been lingering in the back of her mind for a few days.

"Mione..." Dawsen paused, "Malfoy... I think he's been acting different. Haven't you noticed?" She said as they both started to slow down the pace of their walk.

"I guess I have noticed." She said, running through her few memories of when she'd pay attention to Malfoy.

"Do you think... he got involved with... " Dawsen sighed, she hated thinking about this stuff, "Voldemort. You know his dad's in on it." She saw Hermione's face drop, instantly regretting having said anything.

Hermonie stopped walking, she stared at the group as they all continued on with their songs, not noticing the two girls had drifted apart.

"I do. Dawsen, I-" Hermione looked at Dawsen, tears starting to take home in her eyes, "I think we're going to have to face V-Voldemort sooner than they think. He's getting so powerful and I've been noticing little things... I can tell when Harry's scar hurts and he doesn't tell us..." As she finished her final sentence, she let her tears finally fall, an endless stream consuming her face, "A-and it's not just every once in a while... It's- It's multiple times a day that he's in pain."

Dawsen didn't say anything, she hadn't known what to say. Instead, she decided to comfort Hermione as she did to Dawsen when they were at Grimmauld's place.

She embraced Hermione in a hug, Hermione spilling out onto her shoulder. Dawsen concealed her fear for the future to stay strong for Hermione, but on the inside she felt herself breaking apart, each day a different part of her chipping away.

Hermione asked, "Can we just walk around Hogsmeade?", she paused, removing herself from Dawsen's embrace, "Just me and you? The boys... they can be a little much, and I'd like to calm myself, I'm sure there'll be a party at Gryffindor tonight."

"Sure, Mione. I'd enjoy that." Dawsen smiled as they both turned around to go venture around Hogsmeade for a little while longer.
-_-_-_-_-

When majority of the Gryffindor house were in the common room, it usually resulted in spiked butterbeer and some of Neville's hidden stash in which he kept on the down low.

Dawsen was so surprised when Neville told her about his stash, because in the muggle world weed was illegal, plus, who knew Neville was a stoner? However, in the wizarding world, it was seen as a healer and relaxer. Plus, the plant that Neville grew was more of a 'forget everything the next morning and be completely uncontrollable' type of weed.

Gryffindors were notoriously known as the partiers, their parties amounted to more than any other Hogwarts house party, seeing as anyone but Slytherins were allowed in. The weekends of Hogsmeade trips were always the best parties too, everyone was able to get supplies and tricks and such.