Another Game

( TRAINING WHEELS- MELANIE MARTINEZ )

"Easy does it." Fred smiled at Dawsen as he helped her through her shorts after casting an anti-jelly leg charm.

Dawsen cracked a smile, she recognized that exact phrase from when Sirius had comforted her after the horrific experience with the boggart. Whether it was intentional or not, that had meant more to her than Fred would ever know.

"I'm not surprised Angelina fancies my brother," Fred paused as he looked Dawsen up and down, putting his thumb in his mouth to wet it and wipe the dried blood off of her mouth, "She's always been fond of him."

Dawsen laughed lightly while his thumb lightly suppressed her faint smile, "Well, to be fair, you were messing around with me the whole time." She looked at him sternly, "If she weren't such a bitch I would've actually felt bad."

"Do you mind if we still-"

"Keep this between us, Fred?" Dawsen asked as she gently removed herself off of the counter, immediately feeling the pain in her gut, "I... I was going to... ask that." She tried to smile to cover up the immense pain she was feeling, but it was nearly impossible.

"Sore there, are ya?" Fred laughed as he wrapped an arm around Dawsen, providing her extra stability.

Dawsen said nothing, she replied in a simple smile as Fred wrapped his arms around her, attempting to help her.

This is what she wanted, she wanted to get to know the real him, and not the selfishly possessive side that she had brought out in him, but she couldn't get over the fact that the moment that she had been in was real.

She imagined herself feeling much happier knowing Angelina was now out of the picture, knowing that Fred actually cared for her just as she did for him. However, there was this echo of a warning in the back of her head, telling her that he now completely knew she had a soft spot for him for some damned reason. That he knew how she'd mysteriously completely fallen for him and his foolish, cruel ways and that she undoubtedly enjoyed the pain he had caused her in some moments, despite the agonizing, exhausting constant game of chase she was playing.

No matter what he did, whether it was calling her a slut or helping her walk up the steps after completely destroying her insides, Dawsen loved it. She loved how he somehow praised her while calling her foul possessive names.

Slowly she realized, she wasn't only just falling for the aftertaste.

Fred was her sweet spot, and even he knew it. She didn't want to implode on one of the few, real, figuratively raw moments she had with Fred, so she decided to send these annoying pondering thoughts to the back of her head.

"I think you should get some rest." Fred smiled interrupting her mountain of thoughts, "Looks like you've got a bunch going on in that mind of yours." His deep rooted brown eyes glistened down at her, but they were not to be met, only shut down by a girl who seemed to deep in her thoughts.

Dawsen didn't look back at him as they made their way up the staircase, each step bringing a new pain straight into Dawsen's gut.  She agreed with him whole heartedly, she needed rest to sleep off both the mental and physical pain she had been enduring.

Fred kept trying to pursue somewhat of a conversation, "Excited for the students to come back tomorrow?"

She smiled faintly, "Meh." Was the only thing she managed to let out.

He immediately took the hint which made Dawsen happy, and backed off of the conversation topic. Happy, also because she was seeming like a bitch to Fred, which is what she wanted to do. It was what she needed. She needed him to think she wasn't interested in the moment to surprise the fact that she was undoubtedly falling in love with something that wasn't, and would never be good for her.