Firsts for everyone

The next two days went by pretty smoothly, besides the occasional smart remark from Fred, which Dawsen choose to ignore. Throughout the days, she found herself still longing for that interaction with Fred, she found herself questioning him whole. Things like if he really did like her, or if it was all just a dream would cover some of these thoughts.

The group were laying asleep, not a care in the world while they dreamt relentlessly in their minds, somewhere far away from the constant doom they seemed to endlessly be running from.

All of a sudden, their distant utopian worlds were interrupted by a simultaneous banging and screaming outside of the door from a familiar voice.

"Wake up! Unlock the bloody door, I don't want to have to use magic! You have to be at the train in 20 minutes! We don't have a bloody car for you to steal either!"

It was Molly, and it had been the 3rd day morning they've been there, meaning it was September 1st, time to go back to Hogwarts.

Hermione shot up, checking the time. She ran to the door and let Molly in, both of them talking too fast for any one of the drowsy kids to catch on to what they were saying. Dawsen shot out of bed and assisted Molly and Hermione with the dreadful task of waking everyone up.

Once they woke everyone up, the next 3 minutes were absolute chaos, however, Dawsen had already packed the previous night, making her accessible to help anyone else.

She was grabbing random things and just throwing them into peoples trunks, they could sort everything out on the train, so it wasn't a big deal. Or, so she thought.

"Where did my quidditch practice robes go?" Fred asked while shoving his socks into his trunk.

"Oh! I threw them into Ron's trunk, since we can get figured out -" Dawsen was sharply interrupted.

"Are you bloody serious? Are you missing your brains? Or is this just your idea of a stupid prank? Do you think? Why in the bloody hell would my robes belong in Ron's trunk? Are you thick?" Fred scoffed while walking over towards Ron's trunk to snatch his robes, casually bumping into Dawsen on his way over. Dawsen was taken by surprise, especially seen as he had been shunning her since their rather nice interaction, and now he was being a complete asshole.

Molly was to occupied to hear Fred, because she would've smacked him silly, but to Dawsens luck, Harry and Ron overheard.

"Mate, it truly isn't that quite of a big deal, she was only trying to help." Harry came to Dawsens defense.

Fred rolled his eyes, then went on to ask George if they had all of their supplies for the school year, supplies being their prank supplies, as if he completely changed personalities as he joked around with him.

Dawsen thanked Harry quietly, her mood being shot down.

Once they finished packing George grabbed his trunk and started to walk with Dawsen, asking if she'd been able to sleep. Dawsen made up an excuse, saying yes and blatanly lying, not being able to get her mind off of what Fred had just said.

They all ran over to King's Cross, making it there by 10:56, rushing onto the train. Dawsen took a moment to step back, taking in the scarlet train with bellowing smoke, and the rushing of loving goodbyes throughout the station, mothers crying, kids reassuring them it'll be okay. Dawsen smiled, she felt sorry for the kids who had to leave their parents, if she had ever had loving parents, she'd find it difficult to leave them as well.

She poured into the crammed train, searching for an empty cart for her and the 3 others. She forced a smile and some hi's-hello's-my summer was good- out in the midst of their search, mostly not recognizing most of the people she was greeted by.