The Day of Black Sun Part 2

You and Shuku huddle beside Sokka as he looks over the route. "This is the fastest road up the volcano, however we will encounter heavy resistance here and here." Shuku says, pointing at the map. "Those are safe slots where they keep supplies for the soldiers. You will need to overpower them. In terms of men, I'd put Y/N and Hui Yin at the front line." A blast hits the tank behind you and shakes the ground. "...Because they are the most intimidating."

"Hold that thought." Sokka says, looking in another direction, you see Katara leading Hakoda forward. You follow Sokka and Toph follows you. "You're on your feet!" Sokka cheers, hugging his father.

"The hell happened to you?" you ask.

"It's a long story." Hakoda says, "I got careless, but thanks to Katara, I'm able to walk. I'm in no condition to fight, but maybe there's some way I could help."

"Everything's going smoothly and the eclipse hasn't even started yet."

"Let's hope our luck holds out." Hakoda says as Katara looks into the distance and walks away. "Katara, you look distracted. Is something wrong?"

"Yeah." Katara says. You turn and look up into the sky as well. "Is that- is that Aang?"

"What?" Sokka asks as Aang lands in front of you. "Please tell me you're here because the Firelord turned out to be a big wimp and you didn't even need the eclipse to take him down."

"He wasn't home." Aang says, "No one was." Aang scowls. "The entire city and palace was abandoned."

Sokka has a moment of realization. "They knew."

"It's over. The Firelord is probably long gone. Far away on some remote island, where he'll be safe for the eclipse."

"He wouldn't do that." Shuku says, "His ego wouldn't allow it. He's probably hidden in the catacombs." Everyone cringes. "They aren't actual catacombs, that's just what they're called to keep people out. It's a tunnel system in the volcano."

"He's not kidding." Toph says, kneeling on the ground, "There miles of tunnels down there."

"So what's the plan?" you ask.

"We've got about ten minutes until the eclipse." Sokka says. "So me, Toph and Aang will go into the catacombs to find the Firelord. You're gonna lead the army while I'm away."

"Wait, if they knew we were coming, it could all be a trap. Maybe we should use the time we have to make sure that we all get out of here safely."

"Everyone who's here today came prepared to risk everything for this mission." Hakoda says, "They know what's at stake. If there's still a chance, and there's still hope, I think they would want Aang to go for it."

"What do you think?" Sokka asks Aang, "You're the one who has to face the Firelord. Whatever you decide, I'm with you."

"I've gotta try." Aang says.

You make sure to kiss Toph before she leaves, "Toph, I love you, don't get yourself hurt." You whisper, cupping her face in your hands

"Ditto." She replies before pulling you into a second kiss by your chestplate and hopping onto Appa. When they're gone, you, Shuku and Hui Yin then take the front line.

"Let's kick some ass!"

The army roars in approval and the tanks roar to life. You pull both swords, Hui Yin cracks his knuckles and Shuku pulls out a machete. Shuku cuts one soldier across the chest and another across the face. Hui grabs one guy by the face and throws him hard into another guy, knocking them both out and you slice a girl's nose off and elbow her in the side of the head, before skewering a catapult guy on your swords. Hui kicks the guy on his catapult in the chest and he is hurdled ten feet away from your giant friend. The girl at the third is stabbed through her chest. With them out of the way, you are free to attack as you please, your preferred method is head on.