Sozin's Comet part 1

You watch intently as Aang gets barked at by Zuko, Toph laying down her head in your lap. You run your hand through her hair and caress her cheek as she comfortably leans into your touch. "Who wants a nice, cool glass of watermelon juice?" Katara asks at last.

"Technically speaking, those aren't glasses." You reply, "Toph?"

"I'm good." Your "wife" responds. Sokka is about to take one when Hui Yin does instead, followed by Aang.

"If you wanna lounge around like a bunch of snail sloths all day, then go ahead." Zuko growls.

"He has a point." You mutter. "Staying inside this godforsaken house has made us all lazy." You look up, "We should do something today. Preferably-"

"A beach party!" Sokka cheers, ripping off his clothes to reveal his swimsuit. You sigh, facepalming as everyone cheers in agreement except you and Zuko. You walk inside and grab your new pair of shorts before changing and meeting everyone at the beach. Toph greets you with a punch on the shoulder.

"Ow." You say, rubbing the spot, "Wait, how can you see?"

"I've been doing a bit of practice." she says proudly, tracing your torso with her finger. "I don't want to be helpless again next time we end up in the desert."

"You weren't helpless." You reply.

She smiles as Aang calls out, "Look at my Appa sand sculpture!"

You both check it out. "Impressive." you nod.

"Yeah, not bad, Baldy." Toph cracks her knuckles, "But I've been working on my sandbending, "Y/N, you're gonna love this."

She throws her arms downwards and creates a perfect replica of the upper ring of Ba Sing Se. Your jaw drops as you see Kuei and Bosco. "This is amazing." You whisper, wanting to reach out and touch the city, but you don't, for fear of its structural integrity. Toph's hand brushes your back.

"Thank you. Let's go see what your idiotic pupil is up to." For a second, you don't budge. "Y/N?"

"I failed them. I swore that I'd protect them from treachery, and I failed." Tears are in your eyes, "This was my home."

"Y/N, you're strong, alright? You are one of the best people I've ever met, what happened to Ba Sing Se isn't your fault." You stare at the replica a moment longer, taking it in before you nod and she gives you a quick kiss. "Now come on." She walks away and you follow her towards Sokka.

"Ta da!" your student exclaims, presenting a sand sculpture.

"Is that a blubbering blob monster?" Aang asks.

"No, it's Suki!" Sokka replies, offended.

Both Toph and Aang break into laughter, "Well, it would make money as abstract art." You shrug.

Toph and Aang laugh even harder at this. Toph sighs, "Suki, we'll all understand if you break up with him over this." She crosses her arms.

"I think it's sweet." Suki decides. Sokka runs over and smooches her cheek. As Aang walks towards the sculpture, you sense something before gripping Toph defensively and shielding her from a blast that easily destroys Sokka's sculpture. It's Zuko.

"Fuck. I'll be right back, I need my sword." She nods and you run up the hill and into the house. Within seconds, you hear explosions in the upper floors, you snatch up your father's blade and run outside as Aang sends the prince through a wall. You point your sword to the chest of the fallen Zuko, who bats the blade away angrily before you put it away. Suddenly the group surrounds you, "Are you fucking nuts? Cueball here is the only way to defeat your father and you just tried to fucking kill him! What the hell is wrong with you?!"