The Western Air Temple

When Appa gets tired, you all have to walk under a beating sun. Toph leads the pack and you follow right behind her, beside Teo and Haru, who you've decided is actually pretty cool. "Whatever happened to my hat?" you ask, wiping sweat from your face on your sleeve.

"Funny story about that." Sokka says, "It might have fallen off while I was dragging you through the desert."

"Wow, you're awful." You reply, laughing to yourself. Everyone else is silent, sulking over their crushing defeat at the hands of the fire nation. You nod and go back to being silent yourself.

"This is so humiliating." Katara says at last.

"Do you mean getting thoroughly spanked by the Fire Nation or having to walk all the way to the Western Air Temple?" Sokka asks.

"Both." Katara groans.

"Sorry guys, but Appa gets tired carrying all these people."

"That's okay. There ain't no use in complaining, we need to be positive. It's easy to sulk, I've been sulking for four months. We need to be able to continue forward or our friends' sacrifice is for nothing." You say.

"I wonder how they're doing." Teo says.

"They're probably on their way to a prison. Seems like my dad just got out, now he's going back in." Haru says, sadly.

"I miss Pipsqueak." The Duke says.

"I miss not having blisters on my feet." Sokka complains.

Suddenly, Toph stops. "Hey, we're here. I can feel it!" she cheers. You close your eyes to sense it.

"Uh... I think your feet need their eyes checked." Katara says.

"No, she's right. I can feel it from up here. The place is rich with spirits."

"You have contact with the spirit world?" Aang asks.

"No, but I can sense it." You reply.

Aang nods before smiling, "They're right, this is it."

"It's amazing!" Toph says, admiring it. You can't see it like she can, only being able to sense the abundance of spirits in the location below you. You all climb back on the weary sky bison as he flies everyone except Aang and Momo. You set down near a fountain and everyone gets off, Appa lays down to rest. "This place is huge."

"And beautiful. It's in harmony." Then you sense the aura of the person who was following you. You snap your head in his direction and meet his eyes-- eye. The other you can't really see because of a scar. You don't need a picture to know who he is, Prince Zuko. You debate over warning everyone before deciding against it, based on gut instinct. "You and I should walk around here sometime. Soon."

"Yeah." Toph says, walking forwards and grabbing your arm, "You're taking the loss really well."

"I know what happened. Long Feng betrayed his nation again. He told Azula. He was the only one who would've."

She sighs as if asking a question she's held in for a long time, "Does being blind make me a hassle?"

"Who put that idea in your head?"

"Nobody. I just feel like it gives you trouble."

"Even if that were true, I'd never feel that way. You are the one person that keeps me sane, so I."

Toph smiles at this as you both walk back towards Katara, Aang and Sokka and Toph climbs up an overturned carved seat and helps you up. You both sit side by side, dangling your feet over the edge. "So what's the new plan?" Aang asks.