Take the Ship

You all land on a small water tribe boat met by a tall guy with pouty blue eyes, he looks like an older Sokka. "Hello Sokka, Katara." They hug him in a touching scene that makes you smile, when they let go, he looks at you and Toph, "My name is Hakoda, Chief Hakoda."

"Hello, I'm Y/N." You greet, firmly shaking his hand. Toph introduces herself in the same manner.

"It's an honor to have esteemed friends of the Avatar on board. Speaking of which, where is he?" He looks up at Aang who's still asleep on Appa. You bring him down and carry him over your shoulder. "Follow me, there are beds in the cabin." You and Sokka follow him into the ship for a while before setting Aang down on a wool bed. "What happened to him?"

"My guess, he got into a fight against powerful firebenders. Some have the ability to channel lightning, which is what the wound looks like." You say.

"How is he not dead?"

"Ask Katara that one. She did some waterbending thing and he was brought back to life." You reply, shrugging. You leave from the cabin, leaving the father and son to chat and find the deck, Toph and Katara are eating something and you sit next to Toph. "What's that?"

"Prunes of some sort. Seriously, stay away from them."

"Well I think they're great." Katara replies.

"Well you never know until you try it, may I snag one of yours, Dear?" you ask. Toph gives you a warning look before waving you on. You take one, pop it in your mouth and immediately gag. You try to pretend you like it through a series of cringes, winces and gags as you chew through it and swallow. Katara gives you an expecting look. "Yeah, it's great." you lie, "I would have another but I'll just let this digest for a bit, see where my body leaves me. Toph, can I interest you in a romantic stroll?" 

"Are you asking me on a date, Graceless?"

"Yes."

She holds her hand out, which you take and help her up, "Maybe it's time we hang out for a bit. Katara, you're in charge while I'm gone." She squeezes your hand and you take lead, guiding her across the deck. "Maybe you should come up with a better nickname than 'Dear.' It makes me feel old."

"How about Short Stuff?" She gut-punches you and you wheeze, clutching your stomach. "I deserved that one. Let's see here... nope. All that comes to mind are jokes about your height." She gives the ground a glare that you can tell is faked. "How about I call you my Darling. I like the sound of it."

"I like that one. Dammit, Y/N, now I've gotta outdo that."

"Okay, two things. One; language. Two; I like the old nickname."

"Okay, two things. One; I'll watch my damn language when you watch yours. Two; you aren't even really graceless anymore."

"That's why I like it! It's a misnomer!"

"You're such a nerd." she groans.

"You love it."

"I might." She brushes your cheek with her free hand and feels around your face. "What color are your eyes?" she asks wistfully.

"E/C. Do you know what that looks like?"

"No."

"It feels like this." Your free hand guides her hand to your neck.

"Soft." She whispers, "What's it like to see?"

"It's like a burst of colors, all beautiful, blending together into both perfection and imperfection all at once in a stunning balance."

"It sounds beautiful."

"Good, because that's what I see right now, right in front of me."

"God you're so cheesy."