The Headband

(A/N: Apologies for the late chapter, yesterday was rough.)

You travel forward on Appa as Katara covers you in a cloud. "I think I see a cave below." Aang says, lowering towards the cave.

"Shh! Keep quiet!" Sokka exclaims. Katara clears the cloud and everyone jumps off. "Great job with the cloud camo, but next time, let's disguise as the type of cloud that knows how to keep its mouth shut."

"Yeah, wouldn't want a bird to hear us up there and turn us in." Toph replies sarcastically.

"Hey, we're in enemy territory. Those are enemy birds."

"How... how stupid are you?" You ask, dumbfounded. A bird jumps onto his head and squawks, prompting the other three to laugh. Everyone starts to walk past him and he somehow manages to leap over everyone and take lead. You bump past him. "It's clear." You say. Everyone follows you inside.

"Well, this is it. This is how we'll be living until the invasion. Hiding in cave after cave... after cave... after cave..."

"Hey Dimwit, you do know that motels and shit exists, right? Or abandoned houses? Or literally any place outside?"

"Y/N's right, we don't need to become cave people. What we need are some new clothes."

"Yeah, blending in is better than hiding out." Aang agrees. "If we get Fire Nation disguises, we'll be just as safe as we would be hiding in a cave."

"Plus, they have real food out there." Toph adds, "Does anyone wanna sit in the dirt and eat cave hoppers?" She punches the wall and hundreds come hopping out of it. Momo Takes one and eats it contently.

"Looks like we got outvoted, sport." Sokka sighs, "Let's get some new clothes."

"Aang, you're the expert on this, you lead the way." You say. Aang shrugs and takes the lead, as you strap your sword onto Appa. Eventually you spot a house after a good hour of searching and duck into cover. They are doing laundry, so swiping some should be easy. "Guys, over here!" You whisper-shout. "This looks like our best bet."

"He's right." Sokka agrees.

"I'm with him." Toph adds on.

"Guys, I don't know about this, these clothes belong to someone." Aang starts.

"I call the silk robe robe!" Katara cheers.

"Looks like you're outvoted, flyboy." You shrug, "And I just spotted a linen tunic that is crying out to me, gotta blast!" You quickly follow Katara's lead and the rest aren't far behind you. You pick out your covering and wrap it over your gray shirt, and snag a hair clip from the ground, pinning your hair out of your face. You meet back up with Aang and Sokka. Aang's in some kind of uniform and Sokka's in... a long shirt? (Will fix if someone tells me wtf he's wearing.)

Toph walks towards you, "Well, Graceless, how do I look?"

"You'd hit me for being too sappy." You say.

"I'll take that as a compliment."

"How else could you take it?"

"You'd be amazed at a genius' mind, Y/N. Too much so to comprehend what I'm saying." Then she looks down. "I should probably wear shoes, huh?"

"Is that a problem?" you ask as she sits down.

"No... but I won't be able to see that well." She pops off the sole of the shoe she has on, "Sorry shoe!" you dodge the projectile as it flies through the air, nailing Sokka in the face. He doesn't look too happy. You look back at Toph and see her testing out the soleless shoes, "Finally, some stylish shoes for the blind earthbender."