Sokka's Master

(A/N: I'll be skipping several episodes in the third season, to better pace the story or if I have nothing of interest to add. For instance; The Painted Lady still happened but it has no bearing on this story, so it wouldn't make sense to write it out. Enjoy.)

You lay with your group hand in hand with Toph as you watch the meteor shower. She lays on your chest as you hum softly, your arm draped across her chest and rubbing her shoulder. She snuggles into you, finding comfort in the silence of the night.

"This is amazing to watch." Katara whispers.

"Kind of makes you realize how insignificant we are." Sokka says.

"Eh, you've seen nothing once, you've seen it a thousand times." Her hand clutches yours.

"Uh Toph, you might wanna get up." You say watching a meteor heading right for Earth, "Like now." She sits up and you do too as the meteor streaks right over your heads, "Shit. That was lucky." It lands with an explosion into the nearby mountain range. You all fly towards the wreckage on Appa.

"The fire's gonna destroy that town!" Katara shouts.

"Not if we can help it!" Aang replies with confidence.

You all stop at the fire and slide off- except for Katara. "There's a creek over here, I'll bend the water onto the fire!"

"Toph," Aang says, "Let's make a trench to keep the fire from getting any closer. Y/n, wait by the town, just in case this gets out of hand."

You nod before grabbing Toph and kissing her. "Let's kick some ass, Darling." You whisper she smirks and nods in agreement before you both start running. Before you're out of range, you hear one final exchange.

"What should I do?" Sokka asks.

"Watch Momo." Aang replies, making haste towards the fire. You don't even have time to make it halfway before the three ridiculously powerful benders are finished with the fire and you make your way back. "How was your run?" Aang asks.

"Oh fantastic." You reply sarcastically, "Good work, though." You feel something hit your head and smile, "Shit dude, you made it snow!" You watch Sokka pop unenthusiastically out of a pile of it. "Pretty cool, huh?"

"Your horrible puns won't make me laugh, Y/N."

"Would you say he's on thin ice?" Toph jokes. You laugh together.

"Seriously guys, this isn't funny, I'm freezing!"

"Oh come on Sokka, don't give them the cold shoulder." Katara jokes, now all three of you are laughing. Sokka groans.

"Sokka's right guys, this is SNOW laughing matter." Aang tries, bursting out in laughter. Everyone else is silent. "Oh come on, that was funny. Oh forget you guys." he blows the snow off of Sokka while you start a quick fire from gathered sticks put onto Appa. You draw your katona and use it as a poking stick.

Toph and Sokka sit on either side of you, the former leans her head on your shoulder, the latter is thawing out, sitting the closest to the fire. "You guys work well together." You say.

"Thanks."

"Alright guys, it's time we hit the hay. Sokka, put out the fire before you pass out." You say. Sokka nods and everyone else moves for their sleeping supplies.

"Welcome back, child."

"Father."

"I've been waiting for you."

"Have you? Why don't you ever give me advice?"

"If you would've listened to me when I was alive, I wouldn't have to."