Chapter 2: Sasuke and Sakura: Friends or Foes?

Stepping outside, you locked your apartment and walked down the street toward the academy while adjusting the weights in your arms and legs as well as the forehead protector on your forehead. Today was the orientation for the newly graduated genin as well as being sorted into teams. All you needed to do was be sorted into a team with capable and reasonable members, or Teams 7, 8, or 10 in order to pass. After that, part 2 of your plan was complete.

        You entered the academy and looked around. You weren't going to be seeing these walls again, not until the chunin exams. Then after that, probably not again until the war was over and the Hokage let come you back. You stood in front of the classroom, slid the door open, and slipped inside. You were early; the only other person you saw was Sasuke. You mentally frowned in displeasure, making sure to keep your face blank externally, and made your way to the furthest seat from Sasuke. However, as you passed him, his hand shot out and grabbed your wrist. Furrowing your brows in confusion, you looked at him. He grumbled softly before pulling you down harshly and into the seat next to him.

        "You're the least annoying out of all those losers. I'd rather you sit here than anyone else," he replied to your mental question. Huffing, you turned your head to the other side and ignored the boy next to you. There you sat, side by side, waiting for others to come.

        The classroom slowly became louder and noisier as more and more people started to pile in. Soon, you spotted Naruto and waved to get his attention. He grinned cheekily and ran over to you.

        "Ohayo, (A/n)-chan." Naruto greeted. You nodded silently. He smiled before noticing who you were sitting next to. "Eh?! (A/n)-chan, why are you sitting next to this teme?"

        "It's better than sitting next to you," Sasuke replied nonchalantly. Naruto growled.

        "What did you say?!"

        "You heard me, dobe."

        "Shut up, both of you." Your cold words were enough to stop them. Sasuke 'tched' before turning back to face the front and Naruto plopped down beside you and place his head on his fold arms on the desk. Just then, Shikamaru walked past your desk and noticed Naruto.

        "What the-? Why are you here?" he asked, "Today's meeting is for graduates only."

        "Hey, don't you see this headband?" Naruto exclaimed, pointing to his headband, "As of today, I'm a Ninja, too!"

        Shikamaru hummed in disbelief.

        "How can I put it, it really suits me." Naruto continued, laughing. Suddenly, the room began to tremble, and you heard the thunderous sound of footsteps. It was, of course, Sakura and Ino racing through the building. The door burst open, and the two girls shoved each other to determine who entered first. They got stuck in the doorway before falling inside.

        "Goal!" They exclaimed then gasped, trying to catch their breath. Ino turned to Sakura.

        "I won again, Sakura!" She taunted.

        "What are you saying...?" Sakura shot back, "The tip of my foot got in one centimeter faster!"

        "You must be blind."

        As they continued to squabble, you glanced over at Naruto to see him staring at Sakura with a blush on his face. Suddenly, Sakura turned in our direction, and a light blush spread across her cheeks. Naruto, thinking that Sakura was looking at him, had a huge grin with an even more prominent blush. Sakura giggled and ran over while Ino shouted protests in the background. Naruto stood up slightly and waved.