Chapter 7: The Oath of Pain

You were ready to scream in frustration. Because of this, you trembled in rage and let out an abnormal amount of bloodlust. In response, Zabuza let out his own along with Kakashi, who also cleared the mist at the same time. Caught up in your frustration, you didn't notice Sasuke who quivered in fear. His terrified gaze was stuck between you and Kakashi, and he unconsciously took his shaking hands to position the kunai he was holding toward his stomach, ready to take his own life to escape the intense K.I. 

        "Sasuke." Kakashi's voice not only snapped the called boy from his terror but also snapped you out of your rage, and you retracted your bloodlust. "Don't' worry. I'll protect you with my life. I will not allow my comrades to get killed."

        The man turned his head slightly to face you with a close-eyed smile. Sasuke, Sakura, and Naruto stared at him dumbfounded.

        "I wonder about that..." Zabuza mused as he landed in the center of your huddled group. "It's over."

        Faster than anyone could react, you slashed at his chest and kicked him away before throwing your kunai straight through his body. However, instead of blood pouring out as everyone expected, water was. That Zabuza was a water clone.

        "Sensei! Behind you!" Naruto screamed as he pointed. Kakashi turned too late.

        "Die!!"

        Zabuza swung Kubirikibocho at the defenseless Jounin and slashed him in half. Yet, just like his opponent, this one was a water clone as well. Zabuza froze, unexpecting the Sharingan user to be able to copy his jutsu in the thick mist. Therefore, he was unprepared when Kakashi came up behind him and pointed another kunai knife at his throat. 

       "Don't move. It's over."

        Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura stared at your sensei in silence. The silence was broken when Naruto yelled out his amazement.

        "S-Sugoi!!"

        Sakura laughed breathlessly, and Sasuke mirrored your expression and stared at the Jounin blankly. Suddenly, Zabuza chuckled darkly. 

        "Did you say it's over? You don't understand, do you? You won't be able to beat me just by making like a monkey. No chance." He chuckled again. "But, I must say you're good. My Mizu Bushin no Jutsu (Water Clone Technique) was being copied at that point. By letting the clone talk as if it were you, you succeeded in distracting me. And you used Kirigakure no Jutsu (Hiding in Mist Technique) to hide yourself to see what I was doing. But..." 

        Right behind Kakashi, another Zabuza appeared. The silver-haired man's eyes widened in surprise.

        "...I'm not a fool."

       The Zabuza that Kakashi had held the kunai up to dissolved into water. Naruto shouted in alarm.

        "That one was fake too!" 

        Kakashi turned to attempt to intercept the coming attack. However, he was too slow, so he opted to crouch down and avoid the swing sword which cut through the air where his neck had been. Kubirikibocho's momentum sent it straight into the ground. Zabuza let go and pivoted to grab the handle with his other hand. Raising his foot, he kicked the helpless Jounin up into the air. Once Kakashi was in the air, Zabuza used his hand to push down on the handle of the giant sword to ease it out of the ground. Without missing a beat, he ran toward the direction of the lake where Kakashi had landed. Before he could reach the water, he skidded to a stop, spotting Makibishi spikes laid out on the ground in front of him. He turned around, scoffing.