Chapter 11: Battle on the Bridge! Zabuza Returns!

You woke up earlier than everyone else. More specifically, at the crack of dawn. 

        You felt like death.

        You glared at the sun, although you immediately hissed in pain, seeing as the sun shone right in your eyes. Kami, why are you such an idiot in the mornings?

        You flipped over in your futon, attempting to catch more sleep. It didn't work. You turned to the other side and regretted it when the sun beamed into your eyes through your eyelids. You tossed and turned for what seemed like hours when it was actually about thirty minutes. Eventually, you gave up trying to sleep, opting to get ready for the day instead. 

-------

~Haku's P.O.V.~

        Haku could remember the first time he met you.

        It was midnight. He and Zabuza were in the middle of a predicament. Squads upon squads of Anbu-ranked Ninjas chased them through the mainland. Soon, the Anbu members caught up and surrounded the two. Haku and Zabuza were tremendously outnumbered. Zabuza did his infamous jutsu, killing off a little more than half of their numbers. Haku dealt with the rest. Together, they took down all the visible opponents. The duo exhausted themselves and were not able to defend against the one remaining Anbu squad that had been hidden in the trees. That's when you came in.

        You were a black shadow. Quick, silent, and deadly. Your golden eyes pierced through the darkness, your cloak fluttering around you. You destroyed the Anbu, performing your signature attack that looked akin to a dance. 

        He remembered staring at you in awe. Someone so graceful was so deadly. He could see in Zabuza's eyes that he, too, was intrigued. 

        He had first mistaken you for a male, for that was what all the rumors portrayed you as. 'A feminine male,' he had decided. 'Like me.'

        Oh, how wrong he was when you opened your mouth. Your voice sounded like soft bells that rang through the silence, yet it sounded so dead and lifeless. You had demanded to come along, admitting that you were watching them for a while ('Not in a creepy way,' you hastily added), and had wanted to learn some of their techniques. Zabuza had questioned why he should take you along, and you replied that you had things to teach them too. 

        Thus, it began a somewhat beautiful relationship. Albeit, it was not perfect. You were secretive and barely talked. Haku couldn't deny his fascination toward you. 

        Then, after many long months, you took off your mask. He could never forget your face. He found you beautiful, a true angel among mere humans. The only thing he disliked was the hollow emptiness of expressions. 

        With your mask off, you seemed more relaxed. You let down your guard more often. You seemed to be enjoying their company. Whether it was intentional or not, he did not know. 

        The removal of the mask came with the truth of your name. (Y/n) (L/n), you had said it was. The only (L/n) to be known alive.

        Haku often lulled himself to sleep with the whispers of your name and woke up with a smile, anticipating to see your face the next morning. When it was time for you to leave, he was devastated. However, he accepted reality with open arms. He knew it would have to come to this sooner or later. So with tears streaming down his face, he embraced you and told you how much he would miss you.