Chapter 27

So the guys don't know this but the day I left so long ago and took that 10K from my dad's account I turned into a lot of money.  I used as little as possible to start my life here and then made wise investments.  The majority of it I use to help the victims I save but now I have another rich lady to help fund.  She's now a silent partner in my vigilante business.  I'm sure you can guess who the rich silent partner is.  She was once married to a judge.  Enough hints, right?  I digress, I have a lot of money.  I've decided I want more for Bjorne and my men.  So I'd been looking into a big place out on Lake Ponchartrain.  Not in a neighborhood as I want privacy so definitely not located in Lakeview.  I want and require privacy as a vigilante.    I found the perfect property in the Bayou area of New Orleans.

All the natural vegetation around the property gives us the much needed property

All the natural vegetation around the property gives us the much needed property.  The backyard is huge with a pool.  I just want a fence to keep out gators for the safety of Bjorne and our wolf pup.  Also for the safety of the gators because I can think of more than one of my men that will try wrestling them.  I've just heard back from my realtor that my proposal was accepted and the property is mine.  So now I'm gathering everyone for the surprise.  The deal went through after Christmas and I'm hoping to move in for Jan 1st to start our new year off right.  I thought about all the things I want to have done but knew the men would want to do it themselves so it feels like our home.

"Where are we going?" Owen asked with a raised brow.

"You'll see my love." I said merrily.

"We should be moving in on the judge, not wasting time." North grumped.

"We will my favorite grumpy bear.  Trust me this is worth pausing on the mission." I said.

After a few minutes we headed into the bayou area of New Orleans.

"Did we really just pass a gator crossing sign?" Kota asked.

"Yep.  We're in bayou country now." I said happily.

"She's going to kill us and dump our bodies, isn't she??" Kota whispered to Victor.

"What did you do to make her want to kill  you?  I know I didn't do anything so I guess I'm just going to be helping her." Victor whispered back while I just giggled.