Chapter 3

On Monday I met up with my love Daniel and we did dinner together since we weren't working together tonight for the first time since I started at the bar.  

"What if we add this seasoning?" I asked.

"Oooh.  Good idea and this one." Daniel said excitedly.

Even though I never cooked for the restaurants I worked in or for this bar I do know how to cook and I'm damn good.  It's something Daniel and I share with each other so it's our thing to try and create new recipes together.  We always have fun and rarely do we have disasters.  We both took a taste to see what if anything else we need.

"Salt!" We both said in unison while staring at each other.

"We already put salt in but I think it just needs a bit more." I said.

"Agreed." Daniel said while dashing some salt in.

Daniel and I are honestly soulmates which is why I call him my love.  Plus it throws off unwanted attention.  It's for this reason we've promised to marry each other if at forty we're both still single.  I know neither of us will be but why not marry your best friend even if there's no sex.  The sex in most marriages die anyways, right?

"It's done!  Let's eat.  After this do you want to go to that new cafe near us for some coffee?  Everyone is raving about it."  Daniel said.

"Sure I could always use the fuel to get through tonight." I said with a shrug.

"That's my girl.  You know my love and need for coffee and you understand it." Daniel said as he kissed the top of my head before we sat at the table.

We both silently took a few bites of our experimental dish before looking at each other excitedly.

"This is perfect!" We said in unison.

"It's just the right amount of spicy!" I said.

"Yes, and the chicken is tender and soaked in the seasoning perfectly." Daniel said with a moan.

We then ate our meal and quite frankly we ate quite gluttonously together.  After eating we cleaned up together and like always divided the leftovers.  Then I dashed to my room to get ready for work.  I decided since I'm officially behind the bar my legs won't be seen so no need to play them up.  I did skin tight black jeans with a tight ribbed dark red top.  I did neutral lips and smoky eyes and swept my hair up so it wouldn't get in my way.

"Take me Tinker Bell!" Daniel said dramatically as his eyes went up and down my body and he faked a swoon.

I giggled as I took his hand and we left for Coffleur De Bean.  When I entered the cafe I noticed a handsome barista who made eye contact with me and maintained it as my feet took me to him.  What's with all the extremely good looking men lately?  I couldn't stop staring into his beautiful but different eyes.  He had one blue and one green and they were mesmerizing.

"So what can I get for the beautiful little java bean that has just entranced me?" the barista asked.

"See Tinker Bell?  He's going after your tiny tea cup size too.  I think I like him.  Choose him." Daniel whispered into my ear as he tickled me from behind.

"What happened to why choose?" I teased.

"Oh right.  Sorry.  I was letting my dick think for me for a second." Daniel teased back as the barista watched with amusement dancing in his eyes.

"You know what Cup of Joe I'll have whatever you want to bring me.  But I like mine sweet." I said with a wicked grin.

"But never confuse her for sweet.  Trust me on that." Daniel said.