Chapter 31

I was on my way to over a potential serial killer when the very car I was meant to watch pulled out in front of me.  

"Hmm.  Where are we off to in such a rush?  And at this hour no less." I wondered.

I began recording just in case and was glad I was already dressed the part and would just need my mask which was next to me on my seat.  I messaged my backup to alert them that the killer might be on the move.  After all, serial killers almost always have a pattern and it has been the amount of time that they usually strike.  I watched Kevin pull up behind my car as we followed the individual.  I watched the car turn into a driveway that it didn't live at.  I made a signal in my mirror and Kevin pulled off while I drove on by the driveway.  I went half a block down and parked.  I watched with my binoculars as they got out in all black with a ski mask.  I recorded it with my camera and messaged what I was seeing to Kevin.  I then put in my ear piece so we could communicate that way.  I'd let Kevin know that in the message so I heard the sound of him putting his on as well.

"This is it Brother from another Mother.  Did you let the others know?" I asked.

"Yep. Party Serial Killer is going Down is happening." Kevin said.

I put my mask on and attached my camera to my outfit, and then I grabbed my whip.  I shoved my gun in my waist holder and put my knife down in my boot.  Then I was darting down the street to the house I just watched him break into and heard a yell.  I hurried inside and heard the killer apologizing.

"I have to do this to bring the vigilante down." The killer said.

"I never did anything though.  The police cleared me! " The voice cried out.

"And I know that.  I know you're innocent.  That's why I have to do this as it will make the vigilante look bad." The killer said.

I used my whip and slapped the gun out of the killer's hands.

"I've never gone after innocents.  The V doesn't stand for Vigilante but for Valkyrie.  I'm an avenging angel not a vigilante.  This man is an innocent and I'd never go after him.  You aren't an innocent though, are you?  You have blood on your hands all to make me look bad.  But all the death is on you.  Let's see who you are." I said.  

I snapped my whip again and made it wrap around his hands.  I approached slowly and stealthily.  Once close I cuffed him and then removed my whip and put it back in my holster.  The killer began shouting for help while I rolled my eyes.

"You want help but you never helped anyone else did you?  Just killed them.  This man asked for you help but you were still going to kill him if it wasn't for me.  Why should anyone help you?" I asked as I slapped tape over his mouth after removing his ski mask.

Then I pulled his wallet out and took out his ID.

"Prince and Coder please run the name Toby Keagle." I said.

"See Toby I have a whole team behind me.  I was never just one person.  I've made that clear before but you didn't pay attention did you?  No because this was never behind me.  I was an excuse to do what you've always wanted to do, wasn't I?  Serial killers always leave signs of who they are.  How many small animals are we going to find you killed when you were young?  Who was your first human and how old were you?  You have no one fooled Toby." I said.

Then I hit him in the nerve that dropped him unconscious.

"Don't worry.  He's fine.  I'll be doing what I always do.  Leaving him for the police.  Not killing him.  I've only ever seeked justice as is the Valkyrie's way.  Can you give me time before you report the break in and attempt on your life?" I asked.

"Yes.  Thank you for saving me even though I'm the one you typically go after." The man said.

"Except you aren't.  You're innocent and I go after the guilty.  When your wife made the false claim that you hurt your kids so you'd lose custody rights I did look into you.  I monitored you.  I never once saw you hurt those kids.  I provided the evidence to your lawyer so if anything I helped you get custody rights.  I'm not a man hater going after men.  I'm a predator hater and I go after predators." I said.

"Thank you." The man said.

I dragged the man out of the house and turned my camera off as Kevin came and helped me get the body into his car.  Kevin had pulled into the driveway by this point.

We went somewhere that would be public in the day light.  We attached him to the pole and put the evidence footage up.  Then we made a sign with the evidence that was found in Toby's house.  We let the police know where they can find the evidence.  We included the accusations against Toby as a child of murdering neighbors pets.  We included the name of his childhood therapist who knows all the other signs Toby gave of being a potential serial killer such as bed wetting.  I didn't include the things that would break privacy clause.  But allowed for the police to be able to speak to that therapist.  Once that was done we cleaned up and Kevin dropped me off at my car.  I removed my mask and headed home.  I was glad that I was on time for once.  So now there are kids that will still have their dad.  I walked into my home where all of my men were awake and waiting.

"We did it!" I cried out happily.

That broke the silence as they all circled me and various men were picking me up and kissing me.

"You did it Pookie!" Sean said.

"We did it Romeo." I said happily.

~*And the time flew by until our Valkyrie was all in white*~

Gabriel made me a true Valkyrie for our wedding.  My beautiful dress even had wings on it.  It will probably always be my favorite dress that my Meanie has ever made me.  It was easy to marry multiple men as a Ghost.  I would now share the last name of one of my men though and there was only one that I thought it fair to share.  No it's not Raven.  Raven might want me as his wife more than any other but he doesn't want me to have his last name.  Even as a Ghost.  He didn't want to risk my life and for that selflessness I will always love him.  But alas it's time.

We'd chosen a beautiful violin piece much to my future husband's Blackbourne's pleasure to be my wedding march down the aisle.  So as I heard the first notes of Can't Help Falling in Love by Elvis I began to walk.  My maid of honor Daniel and other maids had already made it down the aisle and now Layla was making her way down as my flower girl and Bjorn with our pup was with her as my ring bearer.   I began to make my march with Kevin as the one to give me away.

Deciding who would give me away was stressful now that I have family but Kevin has been in my life the longest along with my small group of friends.  But Kevin was in my life as my only family for the longest.  So after much debate I went with him and thankfully my family understood.  I wiped a tear away with my gloved hand as I stared at my men as I marched closer to them.  Finally, we made it down the aisle.  Kevin gave me to my men.  I looked each of my men in the eyes and wasn't surprised they all had tears even North.  My Uncle Jesper was doing the procession.

"I now pronounce you Husbands and Wife.  Please welcome the new Mrs. Sangrida Toma!" Jesper announced.

Why was it Axel you may be asking?  Owen and Axel were the first two of this group that I met.  Out of those two Axel was the one already in love with me.  So why shouldn't it be Axel?  Owen got to ask the question and his best friend got to slide the ring on so I shall bear my Shadow's last name.

"She should have my last name.  Bjorn called me daddy first.  I'm daddy number 1!" Sean whined later on.

"Mum can I has a dance?" Bjorn asked.

"Of course my baby.  Not now though.  Finish eating.  Then I have to dance with my grandpa and then each of my husbands.  But after that?  I'll be all yours little man." I promised my son.

The party was beautiful.  Who knew a little girl who was so lonely and terrified could end up so strong and surrounded by so much love?