Prologue

I had a happy childhood until I was maybe six.  The woman I thought was my mother fell ill and the drugs changed her personality.  She began to hate me but still loved her other daughter.  My father was neglectful before her illness and remained neglectful even after she fell ill.  It's been ten years since she fell ill and I was now sixteen.  When I was a child and knew no better I believed the bullshit that often left her lips.  I believed it to be my fault and I was the evil things she said I was.  In my early teen years when most teens grow an attitude and become defiant I did too.  Something clicked for me and I knew I hadn't done anything to deserve this.  I never whored myself.  I never even left our house as the world was full of rapists.  I never went against her word so how could I be the things she declared.  Whenever she tried to give me the lemon and vinegar concoction I just slapped it out of her hand.  She rarely abused me physically now that I was able to defend myself.  She's ill so she only has so much strength and she's smart enough to know that.  

Things are changing though.  Dad told us we're moving but of course I don't get to know any details on where we're moving too.  I'm just supposed to pack the whole house myself which means nothing will be packed because I'm not doing everything myself.  I went into my dad's office to get my birth certificate and social security card so I could pack my own things.  It was then that things came to light.  My birth certificate was fake.  I began searching his office for answers and found hiding spot in the wall.  There were pictures of a beautiful teen who looked a lot like me.  I knew she was my mom.  I found my real birth certificate with her name and no father listed.  I found my social security card.  The fucked up part was the death certificates I found for my mother and myself.  I sat there in shock since clearly I was alive.  

I quickly sprung into action and got on my dad's computer.  I found my mom's obituary where it told us about her life and how she died in childbirth as she'd been too young.  They never discovered who her rapist was and if anyone knows anything to please come forward so that their daughter may have justice.  It explained the baby had been born too soon and had only survived a week before also passing away.  The obituary like most obituaries went on to list the surviving family.  When I saw who her parents and grandparents were I knew then and understood everything.  My father had been her uncle.  Her dad was his brother.  I recognized all the names.  Now I knew why we never went around his family.  They'd see me and surely know.

That night I went to bed with a plan formulating in my head.  I'm a ghost.  I can disappear and my dad can't do a damn thing.  He can't report someone who is dead.  Over the next two weeks when I was supposed to be packing I was putting my plan into motion.  I gathered all the evidence along with my DNA and met with a lawyer.  He doesn't know what's in the envelope but he knows that if he doesn't hear from me he is to send it to the detectives over my mom's case.  Since I was home schooled I did a lot of learning.  I learned what I was supposed to learn per school curriculum but at an AP level but I also learned what I wanted.  I knew many languages, I studied driving, and hacking among many things.  I've never actually driven though since I never left the house.  I hacked into my dad's banking and bought a Toyota Prius.  I practiced driving as I read and found it relatively easy.  I hacked the DMV and made myself a drivers license.  I picked a place to live that was hopefully far from wherever they're going.  I rented an apartment in the Sgt Jasper complex under a fake identity of a young adult.  I'd use my real identity along with my real social security as I see people do it all the time when they fake an identity for anything else like getting a job.  They always choose someone dead who was the same age as them.  Who better to use than my own self?  I transferred ten grand into a bank account as it seemed a reasonable amount.  I'd use some to furnish my apartment and food shop.  Then I'll try to save the rest and get jobs.

Before I hit the road I left my dad a message warning him against ever coming after me.  I made it clear that I know everything and sent all evidence to a lawyer and that the lawyer will hear from me once a week and if he doesn't then he'll send it to the detectives over my mom's case.  I hopped into my vehicle and began the drive with only the clothes on my back.  I didn't need the poor fitting hand me downs.  I plan on getting a wardrobe that actually fits me properly once I arrived.   According to the internet it was a twelve hour drive to New Orleans.  I split the drive into two days so I arrived in late afternoon two days later.  I first stopped and bought my first cell phone.  I'd debated getting one before for the GPS but I wanted to have the proper New Orleans area code so I waited and bought a used GPS unit instead.  After getting my pretty pink Samsung Galaxy S20 phone I left for my apartments.  I went to the leasing office and showed my ID and officially signed the paperwork.  I took the keys and headed to my apartment.  I went inside and was pleased that it looked even nicer than the online pics.  I walked around to get an idea on decor and put my personal papers such as birth certificate and such down on the counter as it wasn't smart to go out and about with those things on your person.

I went to the furniture store Fleur de Ture where I got a sofa, small kitchen table, and a matching bedroom set.  It was all stuff on clearance so I got it at a good price.  From there I went to Bulls Eye where I could get the rest.  I found cute reasonable clothes, a cheap pink HP laptop, bathroom things, curtains, makeup, kitchenware, and food.  A one stop shop.  When I got home I received a call that my furniture was on the way.  I happily brought my things in and went about hanging my curtains and running my new dishes in the dishwasher while waiting on my furniture to arrive.  When the guys arrived I tipped well which made them happily put my furniture together.

As time passed I'd put a happy life together for myself.  I went to therapy and learned to fight.  I worked as a waitress and eventually also worked in the gym helping teach self defense.  I also took online college classes to continue my education.  I made friends.  I learned how healthy relationships were supposed to be and that the world wasn't full of rapists.  I also learned rapists were there though but that's what I was here for.  I may have become a bit of a vigilante seeking justice for those that couldn't help themselves like I did.  People like the woman that paraded herself as my mother, people like my rapist father, abusers they wouldn't get away with it.  I was a very busy girl.

Prologue for the boys

The Ashley Waters case was hard on us.  It would have been easy if we didn't have a stalker calling themselves Volto on our asses turning our case into a mess.  They claim it's because we're bad guys but they're the ones helping bad guys.  Mccoy and Hendricks were stealing the money meant for the school, preying on the students particularly the girls, and dealing drugs through key students.  We had to bring in the Toma team to help us out.  They began working the Volto angle while we worked the school.

In the end it all worked out.  The Toma Team caught Volto while we caught Mccoy and Hendricks.  We discovered that there had been a mole on the Academy board who had been assisting Volto which is how Volto knew our moves and where we'd be.  Since the Toma Team helped us we helped them find Kayli's brother.  They were no longer with their bird.  Both parties realized they weren't good for each other.  Sometimes people aren't toxic but sometimes people can bring out toxic sides in each other and that was the case between Kayli and the Toma team.  They recognized it and grew from it.  Kayli now excels in the Academy in a couple team with Blake and she's good friends with all of us.  So we were happy to reunite her with her little brother.  The Academy was impressed with our hard work and asked us to head up the new location.  The Academy was opening a branch in New Orleans and the Toma team and our own will be heading it.  We had a mission that would take us a few years before we can head there though.  However, Axel bought a mansion there that had been turned into apartments and named it Sgt Jasper after their complex here in Charleston.  That way we'd have a home when we can finally move into our new city.  I think we were all looking for that new start.  We needed it after this stressful case.