Chapter 17

Kota's POV

Owen dropped me off at the airport early in the morning as I had a 10 am flight to Charleston where my little sister would be picking me up. I missed my family so I was glad for a chance to see them even if for a little bit as I was leaving that same day for New Orleans with Bjorn. I was on my way to our house as Marie lived across the street from us and was still living in that house. I had a vague memory of her. It was so weird to think that Sang almost lived right across from us. Or maybe not according to who the second house was meant for. If I remembered correctly Marie always stuck around Danielle and Derrick and wouldn't let anyone else close to her. Nathan and I had tried to befriend her but she wouldn't go for it. I remember now how the crazy lady who is Marie's mom chased my mother away when she went to welcome her to the neighborhood.

A/N: I always thought it odd that no one on the street ever knocked on the door to meet the parents living there. Like this is the south that's how they are neighbors talk. So I decided to change that and Erica did go to meet her neighbors and welcome them and obviously we all know that wouldn't go well.

I looked for my sister as I exited the airport.

"Kota over here!!" Jessica called out.

Then I saw her she was a beautiful young woman now at almost eighteen. She no longer sported glasses like me. I guess she switched to contacts so it was easier to see her beautiful green eyes. She jumped on me and I caught her in a hug.

"Let's go!" Jessica said as she let me go and led me to my old car.

"So how have you been?" I asked as I settled in the passenger seat.

"Good. It's my last year and then it's on to college. Guess where I applied to?" Jessica asked with a grin.

"Where?" I asked.

"Tulane!! Also, others in New Orleans and LSU. But Tulane is my top choice. I'm going to be by you if it's the last thing I do!" Jessica said with an excited grin.

"But what about mom?" I asked with a frown.

"You should already know Kota. Dr. Green offered her a position when she's ready at the Academy Hospital in New Orleans. Duh. Of course she'll be coming when it's time. Uncle is too. You know they're seeing each other right? I'm not supposed to know but they're so obvious." Jessica chattered on with a giggle.

Who is this person? My sister was always so shy but now she's just so alive and bubbly. I guess she's just growing up and into who she is. When we got home I let my sister know I'd be back and headed across the street. I knocked on the front door and waited. Finally after a couple minutes the front door opened.

"Hello?" Marie asked uncertainly.

"Hi, I don't know if you remember but I lived across the street from you. I'm Kota." I said sticking my hand out.

Marie smiled a little and shook my hand.

"Yes, I remember you. I'm Marie." Marie said.

"May I come in Marie. I have something to talk to you about." Kota said.

"Sure." Marie said with a frown.

Marie stepped to the side and let me in.

"Hey babe, who is it?" a voice called out.

"Do you remember Kota from Ashley Waters? The Academy boys?" Marie called out.

"Kota?!" the voice said.

Soon Karen was joining us in the livingroom.

"Karen??" I asked in surprise.

Back in Ashley Waters Karen is one of the kids McCoy was forcing to work for him and was innocent. Not like Jade. We ended up helping her and she helped us out a lot.