Chapter 14

The next morning I woke early wanting to make breakfast for my grandparents.  I crept quietly down the stairs and looked in their kitchen for what they have.  I put my music on but at a low volume and I sang along to Florence and shaking it off.  I flitted to and fro as I gathered my ingredients and got to work.

"My child I haven't seen anyone who could move with that grace since your mother." Elsa said making me jump.

"And I've never known anyone who could creep as quietly as me.  No one's ever gotten the jump on me." I said.

"It runs in our family." Elsa replied with a wink.

"From you right and not him?" I said.

"Definitely from me.  So what are we making?" Elsa replied.

"Not we.  This is my treat to you." I said.  

"Fine, I'll enjoy watching the master at work then." Elsa said with a smile.  

When I was almost done I heard someone enter the room and knew from the Irish Spring scent that it was my lovebug.

"She's like watching a work of art." Elsa said to him.

"She is.  I got incredibly lucky." Owen said as my heart glowed.

"That you did.  Incredibly lucky." Elsa agreed.

"I'm almost done if you want to get grandpa." I said from over my shoulder.

"Yes, m'dear." Elsa said before leaving the room.

"You're amazing my little blonde devil." Owen said as he wrapped his arms around me.

"The bacon lovebug!" I said after giving him a quick kiss and turning back to my bacon.

Owen chuckled as he let me go.

"Can't let the bacon burn." Owen agreed.

"Lovebug if you want to spread the nutella on the crepe and put the chopped fruit in them for me." I directed.

"Yes my love." Owen said as he rolled up his sleeves and got to work.  

Everything was done cooking now so I turned to the crepe.  I began drizzling caramel over the ones that Owen had finished and then sprinkling powdered sugar over them.  I put each one on a plate with two eggs and bacon.

"If you listen carefully somewhere Luke is crying." Owen said with a chuckle.

"Oh please.  I totally thought of him.  Also, if you listen carefully somewhere North is yelling." I said as I put a crepe into a plastic container and Owen chuckled.

I'd already texted him and the other guys.  My turn to feed Raven fruit.

"Of course you did.  Always thinking of everyone.  I'll bring it over to them after breakfast and see what they've found." Owen said.

"This is very good.  I'm sorry you had to learn to cook too young but the positive is you're very good at it." James said with a look of delight on his face.

James quickly shoveled another bite of a crepe into his mouth making me giggle.

"Agreed.  I'm thinking maybe we'll buy one of those mansions down there on St Charles and turn it into a B&B.  Maybe sometimes you could come and make breakfast for our guests?  I've always wanted to do that.  " Elsa said.

"I'd love that.  I know some who would love to be part of it too.  Owen has at least two professional cooks in his group.  Right my lovebug?" I asked.

"I do." Owen said with a nod.

"Would you like to meet your great grandparents today?  We also have a son.  I'm sure you saw him listed in her obituary.  He would be your uncle.  He runs my company for me now.  You only have two surviving great grandparents left one on each side.  My mother is still alive and her father is still alive.  They live together so I can have my son meet at their place." James ran on nervously.